• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RAH vs. UAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We're parking 3% of our fleet and have newhire classes in the works with no plans to furlough, and basically zero mandatory retirements. If UAL parks 4% of their fleet, I don't see how that would result in massive if any furloughs (see the thread in the Majors section)

Do not pass Go, do not collect $200, proceed with all despatch to your UAL class. It's for the children.

My advice is to take a chance with United. Eventually flying the world vs. flying the East Coast and the Midwest forever or until our contracts are not renewed and then going to United. Significantly more pay over the course of your career. You will also have the opportunity to stay in hotels downtown from time to time, making overnights enjoyable instead of something to endure. The opportunity to learn new aircraft. Seems like an easy decision to me.

How much longer can UAL remain solo? It's gonna merge with somebody or sell itself off in pieces. If it merges, you have no guarantee that you'll survive the process if you are at the bottom. I think it is a dicey move, Maverick. There are better airlines out there than UAL - no doubt. I'd look at the fractionals as well - especially Netjets.

Worst case is a furlough for a few years. You'd be recalled at the age of 30 with 35 years left at a legacy.

Latest resources

Back