• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RAH in section 6

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah cuz the Teamsters are SO much better....how long have you been in the industry....3 months? And already an expert...

Less than that actually. Time there doesn't matter if you can read. Comair went down because of a 3 month strike and poor ass performance. Not saying that's the case now. But people don't realise that while that 3month might have felt useful to you it was also a quarter of no earnings so now there's no money to pay the group with. Hence what led to current positions.

You want to talk big like ALPA is the shizzit. They might be for the majors but lets take a look at the track record they've got with the regionals. Can you explain to me how a company like Mesa has been in existance this entire time yet still a member of ALPA? What about ASA? Everyone has their small victories, but some have huge failures. I only have a little time in the regional industry because after a couple years of following it I came to the conclusion it was better to hold out for what I wanted then to jump at the first possibility. I never stepped on anyone to get to where I'm at.

Management is management. They wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't try to make their workforce more efficient(money spent for money earned). We wouldn't be a workforce if we didn't try to make our QOL better. RAH is a great company to work for by regional standards. Definitly one of the guys at the top and that is GREATLY in part because of Teamsters and the pilots working together. They established a master seniority list ect. The pilot group is well envolved. All reasons in part to why I applied and work here now. Previous track records don't favor ALPA in regional world.

Make sure you keep that attitude when you move on to your major airline, represented by the Teamsters. Whats that airline called again? Oh yeah...

I never said ALPA didn't pull their weight with the airlines. We're talking regionals. Don't go flame baiting. Where does RAH fall short of other regionals? Who has sooooo much better pay? Hell mesa runs on block time alone. Great job that 2% pulled there. I'm not against ALPA by any means. I support unions in any form so long as they strive to make the work environment better. But when contracts are on the line and my future's involved. I feel much safer with Teamsters.

HAHAHAHAH!!!!
You miserable weenies fell for a mgt. trick. YOU DID SIGN IT FOR GROWTH AND AS A RESULT PUT MORE PRESSURE ON THE REST OF US.

YES. I will NEVER forget how we put it all on the line for 89 days just to have pilot groups like yours stab us in the back for the promise of shiny new jets to fly so you can all tell your boy friends how cool you are cause you are a "jet driver"[/quote]

Look where that got you, loser!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget comair also stranded like 30,000 people on christmas. Couple that huge hit with 3months of no work and they wondered why the airline didn't actually have any money to pay them with. Shooting yourself in the foot is what it was. You want to get good pay then keep the airline making money.

Don't forget comair also stranded like 30,000 people on christmas. Couple that huge hit with 3months of no work and they wondered why the airline didn't actually have any money to pay them with. Shooting yourself in the foot is what it was. You want to get good pay then keep the airline making money.

Are you even out of training yet at Republic?

You had another post about asking what kind of side-jobs people have to make ends meet. Well here is your chance to fight so you don't have to work on your days off just to be able to afford some minor luxuries. Who knows what the pay would be at the regional level if Comair didn't strike for 89 days. I would venture to guess it might not be as high as it is now.

It is managements job to keep the airline making money by pricing the product accordingly. My job is to fly passengers in an airplane safely as efficiently as possible and to make enough money to live off of.

Last edited:
You mean like ASA(GoJets), Mesa(Freedom), Pennacle(Colgan)? Nope.

First off ASA and gojets have nothing to do with each other, that was a TSA deal. Not to mention PInnacle owns colgan they are not alter ego

Check your facts

No I'm not out of training yet. Being a pilot has nothing to do with economics. It's actually a handicap as it seems.

I agree pay sucks. But stay within the borders. As far as regionals go republic isn't the worst. So start at the bottom and work the way up.

Stay within what borders? Sounds like your saying your supposed to be making crap.

I hope the other people at Republic educate you.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back