• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RAH gets Frontier flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Until Frontier announces the winner, what some guy heard by the water cooler doesn't mean a thing. How can RAH announce a DEN base for Frontier b4 they officially announce the winner? You would think that, if they were waiting for that perfect moment that announcing a new base would let the cat out of the bag.

It MAY have something to do with the fact that it is a MAR 07 effective date for RAH pilots, and the company kinda needs to open and staff the base a month or so ahead of time, regardless of what the codeshare partner announces when. The company memo to RAH folks asked us to "keep the Frontier thing under our hats," but since a controller in PIT approach asked me about it over the radio the day after it was on the company website, I guess it is now public information. Plus, I suppose it's no coincidence that RAH and Frontier both share a common majority shareholder...

Last edited:
Let's just say his view does not represent even close to the majority of Frontier pilots. It is (just) my opinion that Crashpad seems to believe he is a better pilot and person because he's not flying a turboprop any more.

My point was simple (albeit fueled by the little brown bean): If you fly for a commuter, you're going to get jerked around. Yet, some pilots act like we did them a personal injustice. It has nothing to do with the pilots efforts, which were admirable, and everything to do with money.

I don't believe I'm a better pilot and person because I'm not flying turboprops anymore. I'm a better pilot and person because of it.

.....btw, thanks for running my bag down to the crewroom. I still haven't found it.

Last edited:
My point was simple (albeit fueled by the little brown bean): If you fly for a commuter, you're going to get jerked around. Yet, some pilots act like we did them a personal injustice. It has nothing to do with the pilots efforts, which were admirable, and everything to do with money.

I don't believe I'm a better pilot and person because I'm not flying turboprops anymore. I'm a better pilot and person because of it.

.....btw, thanks for running my bag down to the crewroom. I still haven't found it.

Did I run your bag down to the crew room? Sorry, don't remember that...did you check behind the coffee maker in the old ASIG office?

mountain flying!?!?!?! jeez, it's not a fricking piper cub in leadville..... you'll be just fine. Dispatch won't be able to keep up with all the requests for recomputes when you get a shortcut. ACARS ain't that fast. Ask an LCA about things if you have ?s. as far as official announcements, I doubt RAH would put out a bid if it were not happening. The bid closes the 12th so they would open a lot of contract problems if it were a joke.

It's Official!
Republic, Frontier Sign Service Contract
Thursday January 11, 1:05 pm ET
Republic Airways to Supply Regional Jet Service to Frontier Airlines in 11-Year Agreement
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Republic Airways Holdings Inc., a regional carrier for several major irlines, said Thursday its Republic Airlines unit will provide Frontier Airlines regional jet service for Denver-based Frontier Airlines.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Republic replaces Horizon Air Industries Inc., whose contract with Frontier expires in December 2007.

The latest agreement calls for Republic Airways to provide and operate 17 Embraer 170 jets for Frontier Airlines beginning in March. Frontier will continue to schedule and market all of its regional jet service flights.

The agreement spans 11 years after the final, 76-seat jet is delivered in December 2008, and Frontier can extend the deal for an additional six years. Frontier will purchase all capacity at a predetermined rate and then directly pay or reimburse Republic. Frontier will also purchase all fuel, which will not be charged back to Republic.

Shares of Republic rose 19 cents to $18.33 in midday trading on the Nasdaq Stock Market. Shares of Frontier Airlines Holdings Inc., parent company to Frontier Airlines, gained 22 cents to $7.52 on the Nasdaq.

Shares of Alaska Air Group Inc., parent to Horizon Air, added $1.37, or 3.2 percent, to $43.81 on the New York Stock Exchange. The stock has traded in a 52-week range of $29.44 to $45.85.

Latest resources

Back