QX's lack of aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

turbodriver

Have any other QX pilots read the latest read file from the CP about lack of A/C due to broke engines??

Mgmt just screwed itself. They should have taken the six airframes back in 2003 instead of "renegotiating" with bombardier for two per year until 2009. Expansion? LA base? Forget about it. Why? There's no way in hell we have enough aircraft to fly the schedule we have right now! Not with four Q400's down due to broke engines. Pilot and F/A hiring is going at full speed the message says. Too bad we can't hire anyone because no one wants to work here anymore because of the 6+ year upgrade. Now, the rest of us have to bust our butts for management’s incompetence and poor planning.

I love this company.

Opinions?

turbodriver said:
Have any other QX pilots read the latest read file from the CP about lack of A/C due to broke engines??

Mgmt just screwed itself. They should have taken the six airframes back in 2003 instead of "renegotiating" with bombardier for two per year until 2009. Expansion? LA base? Forget about it. Why? There's no way in hell we have enough aircraft to fly the schedule we have right now! Not with four Q400's down due to broke engines. Pilot and F/A hiring is going at full speed the message says. Too bad we can't hire anyone because no one wants to work here anymore because of the 6+ year upgrade. Now, the rest of us have to bust our butts for management’s incompetence and poor planning.

I love this company.

Opinions?

I am in no way defending any decisions. But lets face it...it is FAR TOO easy to look back and critique. Anyone can point out mistakes after the fact. You really can not blame the engine issue (by the way there are currently 2 400's down due to th engine issue) directly on management decisions in the past. Having spare airplanes is not an affordable luxory.

Lets hope the upgrades and hiring contiues through next year and beyond.

Stay Tuned

A little birdie tells me to stay tuned. A check airman and an assistant chief pilot both said that a contract is in the works for 10 more 400s. Like I said its a little birdie and not a fact in my mind. I'll believe it when I see it.

DoubleDown said:
A little birdie tells me to stay tuned. A check airman and an assistant chief pilot both said that a contract is in the works for 10 more 400s. Like I said its a little birdie and not a fact in my mind. I'll believe it when I see it.

Monkeys will fly out of my ass when that happens.

Latest resources

Back