• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

QX -400 News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you should see in phl when the sheep come out the door and see and RJ and an old beaten to hell 100 sitting there, they just walk towards the RJ, then the agent points them towards the dash, and their expression changes to fear. But at least they can brag to their friends how great priceline.com works

captpetefam said:
Do the flying sheeple really care? Q400 Gear Bitch said it right when he said that they notice when they walk down the jetway to the plane.

Uh, I think that's down the jetway, down the stairs, through the rain.........

Conference Call

During the 3rd quarter conference call today, the JP Morgan analyst called QX's move for more -400's the "first example in the industry of the turboprop Rennaisance."

Pinneo said the move was less a statement on the RJ, and more a reflection of new opportunities particularly well-suited to the -400, and that we still had 17 RJ options. He stressed that anticipated growth was "close to home" in underserved markets.

Ayers pointed out that QX had experienced "zero customer avoidance issues" with the mega-whacker.

What?

Q400 Gear Bitch said:
Yeah...i forgot the stairs part. But we do actually use jetways in a few cities. EUG, YLW, YEG, etc.

EUG must have done some work on the place. Back when I was going to school there, it was just a hole-in-the-wall that they just powered in and out of. A bunch of my friends are flying QX now but I've lost touch with most of them. I was stupid and ran off to get my 4-year degree and then chased a few false-gold nuggets (otherwise known as fools-gold :rolleyes: ). I'm afraid to put my resume in at QX for fear of ruining the place! But, I gotta say, QX has the best routes to fly of any regional airline out there in my book. Too bad the cost of living is so high; you guys need every extra penny you make. Enjoy the PNW!

CP

Sioux115 said:
Great, more broken mega-whackers. Why don't we just keep the RJs on order because we substitue them for broken whackers anyways.

Heh, don't even wanna hear about it, man! I spent MORE time last year substituting for your RJs...including a bunch of SEA-SBA turns. My ass is STILL numb!

On another note, my pessemistic side thinks this is going to INCREASE upgrade time if anything. With the projected net growth of 4 airframes but 9 Q200s gone, they're talking 28 upgrades...but 72 Q200 CAs transitioning to the Q400. And we all know that Q400 captainship is the kiss of death on a pilot's career. After they taste that Q400 pay, they can't AFFORD to leave!

DashTrash400 said:
On another note, my pessemistic side thinks this is going to INCREASE upgrade time if anything. With the projected net growth of 4 airframes but 9 Q200s gone, they're talking 28 upgrades...but 72 Q200 CAs transitioning to the Q400. And we all know that Q400 captainship is the kiss of death on a pilot's career. After they taste that Q400 pay, they can't AFFORD to leave!
Very sound reasoning indeed, but you're forgetting one crucial factor...once we take our pay cut next year, the Q400 pay won't be nearly as attractive. People will be bailing left and right! I forsee 2-year upgrades happening very soon. /sarcasm

P-Dawg_QX said:
Very sound reasoning indeed, but you're forgetting one crucial factor...once we take our pay cut next year, the Q400 pay won't be nearly as attractive. People will be bailing left and right! I forsee 2-year upgrades happening very soon. /sarcasm

All kidding aside, no way in hell are we getting a pay cut.

The mechanics just ratified their contract, they got a (slight, but better than a cut) raise, I'm sure that the dispatchers didn't get their ass handed to them either. (Can our local QX dispatcher here confirm this?)

Plus, the third quarter earings are out. We made money, like we have been the past couple of years.

If they come to us for concessions, I'm just going to scream.

Last edited:
turbodriver said:

The mechanics just ratified their contract, they got a (slight, but better than a cut) raise, I'm sure that the dispatchers didn't get their ass handed to them either. (Can our local QX dispatcher here confirm this?)

Plus, the third quarter earings are out. We made money, like we have been the past couple of years.

FYI the mechs didn't ratify anything yet, ballots are due back Nov 21. Mechs I have talked to say it won't pass.

I see them asking for concessions or they won't do the deal with the Q400 or some variation of that. I know they have said it is a done deal, but I wouldn't be suprised if there isn't something up thier sleeve. It seems to me we are being set up for a classic move of "concessions for growth". It is all BS though, they are going to do it anyway, but they will try do it to see if we blink.

I fear the paycut too. Especially looking at where our industry leading brother (Comair) is now. That being said, I think if we all hold our ground, we can get what we want out of this contract. The big thing for me is.....no pay cut. One of our former union leaders mentioned that scope should be number one on our plate. In other words keeping the flying at Horizon instead of some bypass the contract aborition like hojet, et al.

turbodriver said:

Latest resources

Back