• Start date
  • Watchers 22

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If anyone is clueless on this board, it is you, my friend.

Industry leading pay rates--protected by a CBA
Except this doesn't take into account operations like SWA, UPS, and American.

Industry leading work rules--protected by a CBA
Mesa...Transtates...Pinnacle...

Job Protection--protected by a CBA
What rock have you been living under for the past five years? What protection has been afforded to all the pilots whose companies are now gone?

A Better Career Future than the alternative--Study the History--Many things you take for granted were achieved by the blood and sweat of others before you--Are you a taker?

It's obvious you are proud to be a new ALPA member (probably your first airline job, too) However, take my advice next time before you blindly post ALPA's advertising rag: wake up and do a little critical thinking on your own.

Aw Crap! Thanks for bringing this gem from the dead!
Sorry, I was on hiatus following a nasty BDSM accident I had out in Las Vegas which involved bite marks on my ass requiring stitches. I couldn't sit down for 3 weeks!

If anyone is clueless on this board, it is you, my friend.
Oh, I have alot of clues! The first one is that you have weak assertions and arguments without merit.

Except this doesn't take into account operations like SWA, UPS, and American.[/COLOR]
This is a Regional Board, and my leading industry reference was germane to Regionals. Maybe you need to check your bearings and what forum that you browse.

Mesa...Transtates...Pinnacle...

What rock have you been living under for the past five years? What protection has been afforded to all the pilots whose companies are now gone?
The job protection referred to is from unfair and egregious managment practices toward individual employees. When working under a CBA, a Pilot is not an "At Will Employee." A Union member's job is protected from disparate treatment.

Airlines, Union and non Union, have been going out of business for years due to financial mismanagement or the economy. No Union can save an airline from financial mismanagement. From that perspective, no job is sacred.

It's obvious you are proud to be a new ALPA member (probably your first airline job, too) However, take my advice next time before you blindly post ALPA's advertising rag: wake up and do a little critical thinking on your own.

It's not my first airline job, but it is my first airline job with ALPA--one I have had for many years. For the record, I am a proud ALPA member. I can post a positive message because my job and profession has benefitted from ALPA in a positive way. Personally, I would never work for any airline without ALPA representation. The evidence is in my CBA and an improved work environment over the years. That's the reality. Now go do some critical thinking and develop a good retort that has foundation instead of taking shallow pot shots with no merit, Mr. Critical Thinker!

Last edited:
[/COLOR]

It's not my first airline job, but it is my first airline job with ALPA--one I have had for many years. For the record, I am a proud ALPA member. I can post a positive message because my job and profession has benefitted from ALPA in a positive way. Personally, I would never work for any airline without ALPA representation. The evidence is in my CBA and an improved work environment over the years. That's the reality. Now go do some critical thinking and develop a good retort that has foundation instead of taking shallow pot shots with no merit, Mr. Critical Thinker!

This is typical response of you and other ALPO chest thumpers.
ALPA has seen better days and wore out it's welcome. Either they do a complete 180 or risk more pilot groups doing the "USAir".
I'm glad you feel so protected by that piece of paper you refer to as a contract. The only contracts that never get violated or abused are the CEO's. The pilots contract is worth the paper it's written on.
Let's say I hand you a bullet proof vest. You going to let me shoot you with my .44 magnum? Why not? So why hide behind your contract? When it comes time when you really need it, your MEC says "Sorry, there is nothing we can do!"

Sorry, I was on hiatus following a nasty BDSM accident I had out in Las Vegas which involved bite marks on my ass requiring stitches. I couldn't sit down for 3 weeks!

It wouldn't have been done by this smoking hot hooker named Carl, was it?

Are you a taker?

Let's talk about taking.
Management has taken away pensions, up to 40% of pay from the pilots, days off, hotels continue to get worse, flight bennies are getting hacked at DCI carriers.....etc. You name it, it's getting taken away. Pilots are giving up everything.
But who is walking away with multi million dollar bonuses while their airlines are in the hole? I know pilots have no control over that, but when are you willing to say enough is enough?
Thing is management knows you will take a beating like a stray dog because you are "living the dream". You'll do what ever it takes to fly an airplane for a living. You've invested so much to get where you are today, and you won't walk away. You'll sit around in the crew room, complain about it and then blow smoke up each others dupas about how it HAS to get better. It can't get any worse!
But also we're a brotherhood who is looking out for one another, but you know damn well the guy that you just bought a sandwich for lunch, will stab you in the back to advance his carrier. Just like ALPA MEC's look after the senior pilot group only, and the junior guys are CONSTANTLY getting bent over. Look at the contracts. Unless you're a senior FO, you're toast!
I've read on here that some MEC's would rather furlough it's pilots than look for alternative methods to keep as many guys employed, but the MEC wasn't talking to management, because they were mad at them. You kidding me!?

Email me in 5 yrs and let's see how much more you have given, but yet your job has improved.

This is a Regional Board, and my leading industry reference was germane to Regionals. Maybe you need to check your bearings and what forum that you browse.
Your reference doesn't take into account Skywest. With Skywest on one end of the spectrum, and Mesa on the other...it goes to show that ALPA isn't all that you and the ALPA chest thumpers crack it up to be. ALPA is but a few leaves floating down a river...which is fine, it is what it is...but don't try and make it out to be something it's not.

For the record, I am a proud ALPA member. I can post a positive message because my job and profession has benefitted from ALPA in a positive way. Personally, I would never work for any airline without ALPA representation. The evidence is in my CBA and an improved work environment over the years. That's the reality. Now go do some critical thinking and develop a good retort that has foundation instead of taking shallow pot shots with no merit, Mr. Critical Thinker!

Glad to see ALPA has you frothing at the mouth over the insult they negotiated for 50 seat pay rates. Are you a first generation pilot, by chance?

[/COLOR] For the record, I am a proud ALPA member. I can post a positive message because my job and profession has benefitted from ALPA in a positive way. Personally, I would never work for any airline without ALPA representation. [/COLOR]

I bet your sweet cheeks you would! You would roll over for a JB or SWA job, who do you think you're kidding?
You know who else said that? I'll give you a clue. He started at GIA, went to PCL because ALPA's biggest chest thumper and then ran to AirTran, his dream job, also a non-ALPA carrier at the time.

Your reference doesn't take into account Skywest. With Skywest on one end of the spectrum, and Mesa on the other...it goes to show that ALPA isn't all that you and the ALPA chest thumpers crack it up to be. ALPA is but a few leaves floating down a river...which is fine, it is what it is...but don't try and make it out to be something it's not.

I don't work for Mesa or Skywest. However, I can attest to the fact that my job at my Company is better because of ALPA, the local leadership, and the other pilots in ALPA at my Company that have worked together over the years through 3 contracts to make significant gains in pay, benefits, and work rules. It has been worth every penny I have paid and every effort I have made. It is what you make it! I will accept the fact that all do not share the same results--because they did not make the same efforts! If your pilot group does not have the fortitude or ability to achieve a good contract--it's because it's members are spineless and chose not to be unified. Was that your choice?

[/COLOR]
Glad to see ALPA has you frothing at the mouth over the insult they negotiated for 50 seat pay rates. Are you a first generation pilot, by chance?

It's not clear what your reference is. If you are not happy with your 50 seat rates, don't blame it on ALPA! Your pilot group gets what it negotiates! My pilot group negotiated good rates on the 50 seater because they were willing to make the effort.

Last edited:
I bet your sweet cheeks you would! You would roll over for a JB or SWA job, who do you think you're kidding?
You know who else said that? I'll give you a clue. He started at GIA, went to PCL because ALPA's biggest chest thumper and then ran to AirTran, his dream job, also a non-ALPA carrier at the time.

I wouldn't work for JB--their days are numbered. SWA is a great airline and I have many friends there--some like it and some don't! I wouldn't roll over for either. Where do you work?

Latest resources

Back