• Start date
  • Watchers 22

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Alright Wayback, then here's your chance.
/QUOTE]

Wow, really? You're giving me a chance? Oh my!
Well, I don't have time to type out my answer right now, see my response to Rez.
But to give you an idea of what I would do...
I would start by making sure ALPA is removed from property.
Then we could get some work done.

Why do you guys even waste your time with these two fools (WayBack and CopilotDoug)? Just put them on your ignore list and be done with them. They have nothing to contribute and are probably just Ford & Harrison hired hacks.

Ford & Harrison hired hacks.

Who is Ford & Harrison?

PFT128, I'm insulted that you'd refer to me as a "hired hack".
I've worked very hard to get where I am today, and I never had to pay $30k a year to built flight time in a King Air. Why don't you like the man who works for a living and earns his way up?
Instead, you appreciate the guys who write a check for the fastest advancement possible, along with the guys who need the support of a Union to help them remember to breathe every day.
But I do have to commend you on a job well done. Those guys would forget to tie their shoes every morning if it wasn't for the Union.

By the way, how's that mustache coming in?

Why do you guys even waste your time with these two fools (WayBack and CopilotDoug)? Just put them on your ignore list and be done with them. They have nothing to contribute and are probably just Ford & Harrison hired hacks.

Simple. The more one calls out people like WayBack and CopilotDoug (who have no real solutions to the issues in our business), the more immature and idiotic they look, and that makes me happy. :)

I'll give JoeMerchant credit, at least he served in the union and tried to do what he felt was right for his group and the industry as a whole. I personally do disagree with the whole RJDC debacle, but those who supported it, rightly or wrongly, at least had the power of their convictions behind them. JM at least was trying SOMETHING (even if it was wrong), rather than the two previous tools who only bitch and moan, but with no real substance.

And Wayback (and CopilotDoug, you are welcome to join in too, under the same rules), I don't really expect a good answer from you. But the door is open; I'd really like to see some constructive debate as opposed to the standard 'F&%k ALPA' drivel. I would be happy to be surprised.

Peace.

Rekks

Simple. The more one calls out people like WayBack and CopilotDoug (who have no real solutions to the issues in our business), the more immature and idiotic they look, and that makes me happy. :)
To quote a great man of our time - "Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded".

I
'll give JoeMerchant credit, at least he served in the union and tried to do what he felt was right
He's not the only one.

And Wayback (and CopilotDoug, you are welcome to join in too, under the same rules), I don't really expect a good answer from you. But the door is open; I'd really like to see some constructive debate as opposed to the standard 'F&%k ALPA' drivel. I would be happy to be surprised.

If you think that this post of yours is going to touch my heart and I'll change my ways, you couldn't be more wrong. All you ALPA chumps are the same. So predictable.

To quote a great man of our time - "Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded".

I He's not the only one.

If you think that this post of yours is going to touch my heart and I'll change my ways, you couldn't be more wrong. All you ALPA chumps are the same. So predictable.

Well, what can I say?

FAIL!

Really didn't think you could do it. Just another loser who bitches and moans, but refuses to discuss any solutions of REAL substance.

It's a shame. I actually am interested in real ideas, because instead of just complaining about our 'situation', I'd be far more interested, and you would have more credibility if you would present solutions instead. But I guess that goes beyond your mental capabilities.

I guess PCL was right.

Peace.

Rekks

Alright Wayback, then here's your chance.

What would you do differently that ALPA isn't doing that would IMPROVE the profession and QOL of airline pilots? I'm not looking for an ALPA bash-fest, but some real, realistic, practical and ACTIONABLE solutions. I'll give you some basic questions, but feel free to add on more:

1)What would you about Flight and Duty time regs that we all acknowledge need to be revised?

2)What (or how) would you solve the 'race to the bottom', regarding pay scales?

3)How would you handle the scope issues between mainline and contract carriers, to be fair to both sides?

Just remember, this isn't meant to be a bash of ALPA, this is how would YOU handle these and other issues if ALPA didn't exist.

Peace.

Rekks

Here, I'll show you how this is done.

1) I would begin a letter-writing campaign to my elected officials, and encourage my fellow crewmembers to do the same. Might not get any results, but hey, getting 60,000 pilots on board shouldn't be too difficult, should it. I would also work with all media outlets to educate them on the issue at hand, and to have them get this information out to the traveling public. Of course this might not work, either, since the average American attention span is measured in microseconds.

Of course, ALPA is working on this, and has been for years. But as we have witnessed with Washington, the powers that be will generally listen to those with the biggest checkbook. How big is yours?

2) Encourage my peers in the industry to both a: educate the new pilots coming up in the ranks as to why accepting lower wages actually hurts them as well as the profession, and to b:resign their positions at their respective companies when management chooses to issue pay cuts. Of course it won't be difficult to accomplish this, seeing as their are no pilots out their willing to take these positions for less than what we get paid.

And I agree that ALPA has been woefully inadequate in this regarding education. ALPA should begin this education initiative in HIGH SCHOOL career days, and continue that program through college and beyond. And as far as item b, well a national seniority list might solve that, but how to implement that is beyond me.

3) Mainline has a right to protect what is theirs, but when they give it away to the regionals, then it is pretty much gone.

Again, ALPA does need to learn to think much further down the road, especially in this regard. The negotiating capital that would be expended to regain that flying would be prohibitive at this point.

See, I'm not the same as any old ALPA cheerleader, and I don't personally believe that PCL and REZ are either. Does ALPA have flaws, yep! Does ALPA also do great things? Yep. Is ALPA worth the 1.95% it costs us? Some would debate that, but I believe it is a small (tax deductable) cost to us.

You would gain far more credibility by being constructive, rather than destructive.

Peace.

Rekks

Well, what can I say?

FAIL!

Really didn't think you could do it. Just another loser who bitches and moans, but refuses to discuss any solutions of REAL substance.
Rez, is this you?

It's a shame. I actually am interested in real ideas, because instead of just complaining about our 'situation',
Wait a second, this sounds more like Obama.
I'd be far more interested, and you would have more credibility if you would present solutions instead. But I guess that goes beyond your mental capabilities.
Oh no! My credibility is lacking on FI!!! Aw shucks! Maybe it's because I don't feel the need to sit around and try to impress others with my deep thoughts about some has-been Union. I flew with a guy once at the airlines, and while were at the hotel bar, he tells our FA "Old fighter pilots can't get hired in the 135 world after we retire. So I had to rely on my cranium and get an education from Havard." Most guys who sit around and try to tell you how much they know about everything, usually can't balance their check book.....maybe that's why ALPA has problems balancing their budget?

I guess PCL was right.
I don't care what you say, that guy is never right about anything. Ok, maybe some things, once he told me his alone time ritual was dipping Wendy's french fries in his frosty. I must say it was quite tasty.

Rez, is this you?

Wait a second, this sounds more like Obama.

Oh no! My credibility is lacking on FI!!! Aw shucks! Maybe it's because I don't feel the need to sit around and try to impress others with my deep thoughts about some has-been Union. I flew with a guy once at the airlines, and while were at the hotel bar, he tells our FA "Old fighter pilots can't get hired in the 135 world after we retire. So I had to rely on my cranium and get an education from Havard." Most guys who sit around and try to tell you how much they know about everything, usually can't balance their check book.....maybe that's why ALPA has problems balancing their budget?

I don't care what you say, that guy is never right about anything. Ok, maybe some things, once he told me his alone time ritual was dipping Wendy's french fries in his frosty. I must say it was quite tasty.

Whatever. You prove my point again and again. But thanks for playing.

Peace.

Rekks

Oh, not REZ, by the way.

Latest resources

Back