Quick 737 Type

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
half price 737 type

congrats on the interview. i did mine on 1/8 and will be biting my fingernails till 2/20 for the answer. a buddy of mine did a special 8 day program at aeroservices in mia last month. he was just furlowed from metrojet. give them a call, with your time, you should qualify. have fun at the interview.

Would a non-EFIS 737-300 or B737-200 conversion be preferred? Aeroservice in Houston seem to be good value at $7000 with a -300 sim (iron dials) versus other -300 courses for circa $10,000. Whattdya think?

B720,

SWA doesn't care which aircraft you do the type training in. It is all a personal choice between various schools out there. Do the homework, pick one & attend. SWA doesn't give bonus points for one program over another. Higher Power Aviation in DAL does provide pretty good intel on what is happening at SWA but it doesn't have an "in" with SWA. Any type training will do.

BTW, for public disclosure purposes, I work parttime as a ground instructor at Higher Power Aviation in DAL. I obviously support their program but have heard good things about other programs also. I'm know there are many good ones out there. If anyone has questions about their program specifically at HPA pls let me know. I'll provide info on them in the same manner I have for SWA, I'll try to be objective & won't bad mouth the competition. I did my type at crew pilot training in HOU 3 yrs ago.

hope that helps,

chase

Chase,

Thanks for the excellent information on the 737 type. I chose Aeroservices in Miami, they use a 300 sim and my 737 time is on the 200 series. Something different is appealing and they also had a course date availability that suited me. Thanks again...

Latest resources

Back