Quick 737 Type

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SiouxFlyer

Just got the call today from SWA for a Feb interview. Great news for sure, but now I need to get that 737 type. I have about 900 hours in the 737 as an FO. Last flew the plane a couple of months ago. Are there any alternatives to one of the "type schools" that might cost a little less and take less time. Or is it better to just pay the bucks and make sure I get the right training to easily pass the type ride?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Hi SiouxFlyer,

Congrats on the SWA interview!

I went to K&S aviation in Tempe, AZ. I did a lot of home study (as recommended) beforehand, but it was a very pleasant training experience. Their instructors were excellent, preparing us each step of the way. Most of their instructors are SWA pilots and are very friendly and professional. One big plus is the fact that they are the only school that uses SWA flows, procedures and checklists. The Boeing flows and procedures are somewhat different. Secondly, they include the hotel with the package which makes their prices very competitive (even better if you are using unemployment or military benefits to pay). Thirdly, they (upon request) use the -300 sim, which is SWA's base training aircraft. My program (with the -300 differences training) lasted 15 days. I don't know what their wait for classes looks like now, but I waited about a month for mine back in July. I would highly recommend them.

Best of luck,

VeeOneRot8 :)

Could anyone tell me , how much money does it take to get a 737 rating and how long is the course? I have about 2000 hrs on 737's. Thanx.

Total cost runs from $7300-$7800. Add airfare & room to some of the sites. Crew Pilot Training in Houston is 12 days long, others run usually about 2 weeks even.

Thanks for the info chase.

Could I get an email or website or phone no. of the Houston crew training centre.
:cool:

SiouxFlyer

I went to Flight Training International in Denver, CO and they have a shortened program for people with over 500 hrs in the 737 at a reduced cost. Talk to Shari Egan at 800-233-0050 and she'll give you a quote over the phone. They also have a website at: http://www.flighttraininginternational.com/ Congratulations on your interview invitation and good luck!

On another note, I interviewed on Jan 10th and felt good about the outcome. Got my fingers crossed and should find out something by the end of February.....
:D

W8,

Thanks for the reply. Will call them today. Sounds to me like you'll be starting at SWA soon!

Good Luck!

Congrats!

I got my type at Aeroservice in Miami. It costs 6,450. It takes 15 days. Also, it is in the -300 (the sim worked flawlessly). The program had a few glitches but I have heard that they have since worked them out... It worked for me-- I had a good time, worked hard, met some cool folks, and passed the first time 15 days later. Check them out. See ya.

Latest resources

Back