• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Questions for G200 drivers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks T-Bone for your data. This helps alot with my comparison of the G200 vs CL300.
CC

Both are great airplanes from what I hear - nice and roomy for the pax. What really matters: CL300 wins HANDS DOWN on ramp appeal... It just looks cooler. I know a Netjets driver who refers to the G200 as "G too ugly."

There's an understatement!

While it has a decent cabin for the price, you will be hard pressed to find a modern bizjet with as poor perf #'s as a G200.
No kidding. The G200 loves her runway. A few runway overruns in the G200 while the cl300 has had none. Of course it's a galaxy and not a g-stream.

Last edited:
No kidding. The G200 loves her runway. A few runway overruns in the G200 while the cl300 has had none. Of course it's a galaxy and not a g-stream.

well...usually the runway over-runs are a result of the people flying them, not the airplane itself, regardless of the maker.

I cant think of any aircraft with more off road time than the Falcon 900, and its certainly a good airplane with better perf #'s than any Challenger made.......OK, so it does not like to stop. LOL.

And no son, its a Grumman.

It says "Gulfstream" right on the yoke where us pilots can look at it. Didn't you know thats why they kept a yoke on the Grumman G650? Its a constant and vitally important reminder of a pilots accomplishments. Another true testament to Gulfstreams commit to developing aviation icons - just like the winglets on a GIV.

And no son, its a Grumman.

It says "Gulfstream" right on the yoke where us pilots can look at it. Didn't you know thats why they kept a yoke on the Grumman G650? Its a constant and vitally important reminder of a pilots accomplishments. Another true testament to Gulfstreams commit to developing aviation icons - just like the winglets on a GIV.

Too funny. I am surprised that some enterprising Westwind pilot hasn't rebranded the Westwind into the Gulfstream G050. Gulfstream sounds so much better when you are talking on the radio or chatting at the bar. It's kinda like sayin' "you wanna head back to my mobile estate?" You see. Much more classier.

Last edited:
I've got a few performance questions...

What kind of range does the G200 have at 0.80M? What fuel flows do you see at 0.80 and FL410? Are FL430/450 ever really usable?

We see roughly 1850PPH at M80 FL 390. We only get to FL410 as you can guess at about the last third of a long leg at the lightest of weights. We have never gone to 430 nor attempted.

Here is a Cocklin DeDecker report online. It will give you an idea of costs and range etc.. Take a close look at the OEI climb number. I have not flown the aircraft, but by the looks of it, if you don't go anywhere hot and high, or operate regularly out of places with short runways, this aircraft will make your pax very happy. The cabin is nice, the cockpit out of date. Also, Gulfstream tech support is outstanding (I'm guessing same holds true for the G200 series).

http://www.jetsearch.com/attachments/CdD/g-200%20ccd.pdf

Latest resources

Back