Questions about NIFA Nationals...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
skeezer said:
Another great memory from that year: Driving back in a mini-van packed with guys, the driver and front passengers had their shirts off (long story) and we had a dildo stuck to the dashboard. The looks on the faces of the people that drove by were priceless! I think we even scarred a few people for life.

Skeezer

LMFAO! :D

Hey IP. I was on the team from 97-00. I was part of the team that travelled down to Prescott in 98 and had a great time down there. I think we missed qualifying for the nationals by 2 points. Oh well, life goes on.

Great flying down there, but crazy weather. I've never experienced winter and summer in the same day. "Freakin' El Nino"

Who did you fly for?

Sycamore SAm said:
Hey IP. I was on the team from 97-00. I was part of the team that travelled down to Prescott in 98 and had a great time down there. I think we missed qualifying for the nationals by 2 points. Oh well, life goes on.

Great flying down there, but crazy weather. I've never experienced winter and summer in the same day. "Freakin' El Nino"

Who did you fly for?

That was my Freshman year at Riddle. Always thought it was pretty cool that you guys made the trek out to Prescott, however, under pretty unfortunate circumstances. Yeah, the weather here that time of year can be crazy! There was like 6 inches of snow and 3 inches of ice on all the airplanes in the morning and by noon you could have worn shorts! Where did you stay at? Just wondering if you crashed on my Dorm Room floor!

I'll have to try and dig some pictures up from that competition...I Know I've got some lying around somewhere!

skeezer said:
Another great memory from that year: Driving back in a mini-van packed with guys, the driver and front passengers had their shirts off (long story) and we had a dildo stuck to the dashboard. The looks on the faces of the people that drove by were priceless! I think we even scarred a few people for life.

You betchya!

My advice: Don't study too much, make new friends, and poke fun of ERAU Prescott and UND at every opportunity. :p

"Who put toothpaste on my door handle!"

You di(k!!!

:beer:

Skeezer

Or...how about racing around the parking lot at the hotel only to have Frank meet us at the door! ...And the guy that threatened to call the cops after we were lighting off fireworks in the parking lot across the street!

Here's one for you...CHARLIE!

GP

PS: give me a call. I need some help raking up leaves!

GuppyPuppy said:
Or...how about racing around the parking lot at the hotel only to have Frank meet us at the door! ...And the guy that threatened to call the cops after we were lighting off fireworks in the parking lot across the street!

Here's one for you...CHARLIE!

GP

PS: give me a call. I need some help raking up leaves!

Who could forget Frank! Great guy! I think he has about 6 or 7 birthday's each competition! By far the best person I've met thru NIFA.

DGdaPilot said:
2. MTSU at the Mufreesboro airport. That was hilarious....my first regionals, actually. And yes, it was UofI that did it....hahaha

7. Don't you hate it when that happens. Personally, I think the new GPS scoring is great.

That was my first regionals as well..... Having made the team in aircraft rec only, I was happy to get thrown in for message drop. I tossed the first one over just fine, but shortly after the second one was let go, I heard a slapping against the side of the fuselage. I looked out and the ribbon had gotten wrapped along the gear strut. I turned to my pilot (some of you may remember Nagao) and told him it was stuck. He keyed up and said, "Airboss, this is NIFA 1, heat 5, we've got a bomb stuck to the ahhh....A message drpp container stuck to the airplane. Be advised it'll probably fall off on the runway." He then turned to me and said, "I can't believe I just said bomb on the radio."

My favorite pranklike story: We boxed Purdue in while driving from the airport at UND a few years ago. We opened the back door of our lead van and dumped crap out the back at theirs. Then the one in the front seat turned around and dropped trou. It was great :)

U of I Tweak said:
My favorite pranklike story: We boxed Purdue in while driving from the airport at UND a few years ago. We opened the back door of our lead van and dumped crap out the back at theirs. Then the one in the front seat turned around and dropped trou. It was great :)

I was in the Purdue van when that happened. I definitely think we got the better end of that deal. I still wish I could've seen it when you guys started the van and got glittered a couple days later. Thanks for the cake that year, it was delicious.

I was flying and the idiot could only say "Cowboy one-my Bad" From then on anyone who messed up would always use the same response.

That guy was lucky he didnt cause a serious collision with the airliners.

Latest resources

Back