Question for you fractional guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

radarlove

I was waiting in a conga line at a really busy east coast airport and I saw a Gulfstream owned by a fractional waiting as well.

This made me think: do you fractional guys charge your customers per hour, so ground holds can double the cost of a flight, or is it per mile, so that a trip costs what it costs, regardless of EDCT?

Block to block

So if some guy sits on the ground in a conga line at Kennedy for an hour, then flies to a destination only two hours away, he has to pay for three hours?

Yowza, doesn't anyone in the back start getting frantic during lengthy delays?

They are warned by owner services about potential ground delays at big airports like JFK and LaGarbage, but these people typically don't care. If they can afford the 10K+ per hour for the Gulfstream, they can afford some ground waits with it. At least when they fly out of White Plains or Teterboro they can do most of the ground delay on the ramp without firing up the engines and starting the clock, but some of them just want the other airports instead.

I've had owners flip out not because they were worried about ground delays and cost but because they want to go now.

Most frax charge "wheels up to wheels down" plus 0.1 hour each for take off and landing. The on the ground waiting time ends up "getting paid for" in the monthly management fees. If you have an ATC delay and reroute or circle, that is time between "wheels up to wheels down" and gets paid for by the owner. I know this is the case with NJA, Flex and CS. I can not speak for FLOPs.

Fly safe.

"Wheels up to wheels down" is different from "block to block" fo sho.

Do you guys use ACARS, or just pencil in the times in a logbook?

Do you guys use ACARS, or just pencil in the times in a logbook?

We page the times in manually, but we do it based on the flight times that the FMS records, so it's dead-on accurate.

As NJAowner says, we (NetJets) charge for wheels up to wheels down, plus 6 minutes of taxi time on each end of the flight regardless of how long it really takes. (Source: NetJets web site.) Anything beyond that (say, an hour-long taxi at LGA) isn't directly charged to the owner.

Last edited:
my bad I thought we were doing block to block in high volume airports where delays were common.

my bad I thought we were doing block to block in high volume airports where delays were common.

Its okay, your not the first guy to throw out mis-information for the world to read. I once spent an hour speaking with and showing the a/c to a gentlemen who seemed very interested in our program. It was undone in less than 10 min by some moron who started throwing out prices and other information. Apparently he received the "how to sell a share class" that none of the rest of us received.

Long story short the gentleman would not even call and talk to owner services about our program after that fine display. Now he probably couldn't afford it anyway, but thats not the point, because we have no idea who he might know.

Latest resources

Back