• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for US Air and AWA Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I do believe that MDA was USAirways. It was testified in court for the "change of assets" for USAirways selling the 170's to Republic.

How the arbitrator figures it out is anyones guess.

My prediction for USAirways furlough call-backs would be in the 50%.

If you can obtain access to the Hub or Compass go listen to what DP has said several times as to what would have happened if U and AW didn't merge. It is under crew communications or something like that, it is the last option at the top of the login page. It is the sessions that Doug holds each month at recurrent with pilots and flight attendants. DP said several times they did not not have enough cash to make it through the last winter.

You seem to be very defensive, cann't you carry on a normal discussion?

That's the first I have heard of the 3 possible buyouts you mentioned. Do you have any links to back this up?

Itsallsogood said:
Abe you are correct. Crizi and Lear are ...well.... not so correct. Just some facts. Nobody on the East Merger committee has negoitiated with the words DOH. There are 3 categories being discussed. 1) Active pilots actually flying the line. Aprox. 2400 U and 1800 AWA. 2) Active pilots out on.....medical, personal leave etc. 3) Furloughed pilots from the list of the snap shot date....who knows.....April or Sept. 2005. Both sides agree, may argue,but agree.... the furloughees do not bring anything to the merger. An active AWA pilot cannot call up a U furloughee to fly his (the AWA pilot's) trip. The negotiations are then, where to position the Active pilots on a list and where do the inactive ones get pin-pointed into. The furloughees argue that they should benefit from the attrition, however, the East had 4 independent investment bankers ALL tell them that USAirways was going out of business. FACT. The lowest pilot on the U list has 18 years. When he was hired (18 years ago) he was on the bottom of that same list. Meaning? NO CARRER EXPECTATION. AWA was hiring.. upgrading (80 months to upgrade) with new planes arriving. And AWA was profiting. Meaning? Better carrer expectations. There is a ton of info (facts) if you just call up the reps. Keep in touch with them. Good luck to us all.

Itsallsogood, if thats the case then why did the US air MEC got for D.O.H. for bidding purposes on the 190's?

Special MEC Hotline - June 20, 2006
To: All AWA Pilots
In this issue:
1. Embraer 190 Update

1. Embraer 190 Update
I regret to inform you that Embraer 190 talks have broken down between the US Airways and AWA MECs. The MEC officers and negotiators for both MECs had been working feverishly on a joint sharing proposal between the two pilot groups on the fair and equitable sharing of the E190 pilot slots. It was our belief that both MECs had granted their officers and negotiators the authority to negotiate a fair deal. While the east and west had a deal in principle, we were waiting for the elected representatives of the east MEC to sign off on the agreement. Ultimately, the east MEC failed to ratify this tentative agreement and reverted to their original position.
The east MEC's original and current position is that they want 60 percent of the E190 slots, and they also want bidding seniority to be date of hire.

abefly said:
Itsallsogood, if thats the case then why did the US air MEC got for D.O.H. for bidding purposes on the 190's?

Special MEC Hotline - June 20, 2006
To: All AWA Pilots
In this issue:
1. Embraer 190 Update

1. Embraer 190 Update
I regret to inform you that Embraer 190 talks have broken down between the US Airways and AWA MECs. The MEC officers and negotiators for both MECs had been working feverishly on a joint sharing proposal between the two pilot groups on the fair and equitable sharing of the E190 pilot slots. It was our belief that both MECs had granted their officers and negotiators the authority to negotiate a fair deal. While the east and west had a deal in principle, we were waiting for the elected representatives of the east MEC to sign off on the agreement. Ultimately, the east MEC failed to ratify this tentative agreement and reverted to their original position.
The east MEC's original and current position is that they want 60 percent of the E190 slots, and they also want bidding seniority to be date of hire.

They didn't. That's what they wanted. Big difference..... and the main reason why this issue, like all the others,will be decided by an arbitrator on Aug 1st and 2nd. What's that old saying ? "The only thing we can agree on is to disagree?"

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
PHXFLYR said:
They didn't. That's what they wanted. Big difference..... and the main reason why this issue, like all the others,will be decided by an arbitrator on Aug 1st and 2nd. What's that old saying ? "The only thing we can agree on is to disagree?"

PHXFLYR:cool:

THX PHX i was simply saying they were going for DOH also. I just dont know how to spell. I guess thats cause I'm a dumb rookie 2 year AWA Pilot who came from Mesa......LOL....OK Lear.....Argue on....Im gonna have a beer and wait for the arbitrator in April

First..... Bubba I do have access.... Thank you. Now, ...again PROVE IT please. Please show me the numbers that AWA was entering Chapter 11 7.....like U was.

Second....there is some E190 block thing being proposed....4 U pilots 4 AWA pilots.... second block same thing. NO seniority issues affected. They will rotate scheduling rights...?? huh? ( Me too) .

Anyway...If you are furloughed.....well don't expect anything. Plus, you do not have the GOD given right to have it. AND STOP WHINING !

Latest resources

Back