• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for US Air and AWA Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any idea what the results were of the ALPA survey from last month about how many of us would return?

I know a lot of us have been back and forth over the last few years, I had planned on passing on the 190 stuff, but a fresh furlough from my freight outfit changed that.

I know of a fairly large number of peeps from around my seniority that will probably come back. Many who are not currently flying, or flying in dead end regional and charter jobs. My freight outfit just dumped about 25 or so of us back into the 190 mix, at least for now.

LearLove said:
hey, how about you f@#$ off. O where was it you came from, MESA? And you have what, something like 2 years sen at AWA - OK there MR. Old Grizzled Expert - whatever.

You "commuter guys" that post on Flight Info have an infatuation with the "F-word",don't you?

PHXFLYR:cool:

I dont know a SINGLE pilot from my seniority bracket who is planning on returning to the E190.

Only a handful that i've spoken to are interested in returning to the A320/737 and then only if furloughed from their current jobs. (myself included)

Last edited:
Plain and simple..
Hiring off the street = injunction. Enough is enough. There are CEL pilots on the AAA seniority list. The precendent has been set, and as far as we're concerned the flow is there, just not something that the AAA Negotiating Committee choses to acknowledge. For that matter, the same committee will not come to the table to discuss flowbacks either. We have positions at PDT that need to be filled, and we'd love to fill them with flowbacks.

LearLove said:
hey, how about you f@#$ off. O where was it you came from, MESA? And you have what, something like 2 years sen at AWA - OK there MR. Old Grizzled Expert - whatever.

But he'll ALWAYS be senior to YOU!!!!

Hey Lear, The question still stands. Why do you feel that you are on the USAir list even though you have never flown a mainline aircraft? Just wondering what precedent has been set, buy whom, supported by what case law or what arbitrators decision.

>Hey Lear, The question still stands. Why do you feel that you are on the USAir list even though you have never flown a mainline aircraft? Just wondering what precedent has been set, buy whom, supported by what case law or what arbitrators decision<

Assuming his bio is correct, Lear flew for MidAtlantic. MidAtlantic's aircraft were on the USAirways operating certificate and therefore were mainline aircraft. As I’m sure you know the initial cadre of pilots that flew for MDA were from the furloughed ranks of USAirways (most of us with 15+ years seniority), when the furloughed list was exhausted we drew from the CEL. Those pilots who chose to take the risk and leave their regional positions to join us, by contractional agreement, became one of us. You may have a personal beef with Lear or the agreements that surrounded MDA but the fact of the matter is he, like all of the former CEL pilots that joined us, is now a furloughed USAirways pilot and is entitled to a place at the table with the rest of us.

Latest resources

Back