• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for RJ drivers without VNAV

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
An ATP and asking if there is a "rule-of-thumb" for descent planning??? Geeze, I picked a bad week to stop drinking after hearing that!

An ATP and asking if there is a "rule-of-thumb" for descent planning??? Geeze, I picked a bad week to stop drinking after hearing that!

I was referring to rules of thumb that non coupled VNAV aircraft are using flying STAR procedures with numerous constraints. For example, a 2.2 VPA was mentioned. It may work for one arrival but not for another. Judging by the responses on this thread there is no standardized way to fly these, and the dive and drive currently being done is contrary to what the designers of these procedures are trying to accomplish - less workload and better efficiency.

And yes I do know the 3 to 1 and 5xGs rule. I was seeking information so I can communicate to the designers the issues being experienced on the line. It didn't warrant a smart ass remark from you.

Welcome to the world of amateur smart ass remarks...This is flightinfo.com and NOT a forum of professionals...sarcasm is the rule of law here...So, move along...

I was seeking information so I can communicate to the designers the issues being experienced on the line.

If you had said this in your first post you might have gotten some better responses IMO.

This thread turned into a technique thread, which now knowing what you were seeking the information for, was not what you were really looking for at all.

It all dive and drive for CRJ operators and 500% workload increase. At least we don't have to do the NUMMY arrival which has the same crossing windows and no VNAV.

Latest resources

Back