• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Which applies to you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Second Born Of 3
Right Handed

Love heights, speed & anything that's extreme (I hate sports that don't involve a machine of some type or jumping off somthing)

Don't forget the Ambies

I'm actually 1st born and write consistantly with both left and right hands. :)
-FW

I also understand that a large percentage of pilots are afraid of heights.

According to the "experts", schrinks or whomever they are, humans don't have a fear of heights. It's the fear of falling, is what it really is. If you had a fear of heights, a pilot would never fly. You feel secure in the airplane, but on a ladder or on a cliff you are afraid because you fear falling and don't feel secure.

Last edited:
Lead Sled said:
I have read that among the pilot population there are a disproportionate number individuals that are either firstborn or left-handed. I also understand that a large percentage of pilots are afraid of heights. I'm guilty on all three counts - I'm left-handed, the oldest child, and have a hard time climbing a tall ladder. How about the rest of you? Why would this be?

'Sled

Greetings..

Not first born..Left handed. I play sports right handed(baseball, golf etc), I eat left handed and drink right handed. Several aviators on both sides of my family..

Take Care

My father and I are both left-handed and both pilots.

He was first born.

I was second born.

He loves heights.

I don't care for being motionless in helicopters or free-falling amusement rides but I still ride everything in the park. Who doesnt love a rush?

My sister is a pilot and is a first born-right hander and learned to fly after me. :p (I still fly crop dusters after 25,000 hours and she got on with Delta after 75 hours):p

9 out of 25 pilots at the company I fly for are left handers...Pretty strong numbers if you ask me.

Air 1 said:
Right hand, second born here. Must be the oddball.

Same here

Latest resources

Back