Question For Colgan Saab Capts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Suupah;

Thats a good pic, but you need to put the windows back in! Love it!
Joe, that video was fake! You should not joke about people killing themselves, someone might just do it!

Prop2Jet said:
Suupah;

Thats a good pic, but you need to put the windows back in! Love it!
Joe, that video was fake! You should not joke about people killing themselves, someone might just do it!

that was intentional. crooked logo, over the windows. just wanted this plane to
feel right at home;)

Last edited:
Anyone here that has been hired as a street Captain at Colgan? Just looking for some input on what its like....

Alchemy said:
Don't work for colgan but I'll take a shot at it anyway. Is there some reason why the definitions would be unique to colgan?

CDL - Something is physically missing from the airplane, but you can still go (vortex generator, static wick, etc) under certain conditions.

MEL- Somehing in the airplane is inoperative, but you can still go, (pax seat, anti-ice valve, etc.) under certain condtions.

DMI- An item not covered by the MEL or CDL but Mx control can authorize the aircraft to be dispatched without it, inoperative or slightly damaged. For example, possibly a cracked piece of plastic molding on the side of the cockpit, a scratched up windshield, a ripped up seat cushion, etc.

I know CDL only applied to the saab, not the beech. However, weight and balance forms for both plans had "CDL" on them. I may be getting this confused with the MD80, but i had thought a CDL item was one that would effect performance or weight and balance. So you would put that penalty on the weight and balance form. CDL stood for "configuration deviation list"

The CDL is just like an MEL but pertains to things like the small third main gear door... some CDL items have performance penalties some don't. If it's not in the MEL or the CDL but does not affect airworthiness then it is a DMI per maint control.

Just read the CDL list for the items on it... it's right behind the MEL list.

Joe Schmo said:
My woman, well that would be your mother, and you can plant your seed in her loin as much as you want. I usually plant my seed on her face, so feel free to pop her whereever you want.
Im sure I could learn a thing or two from you about failing, its apparent by how many job interviews you've failed at. You had about fifty threads, whining WHY HAVENT THEY CALLED ME,, Waaaaa Waaaaaaa, just look at your freakin posts. And as for embry riddle, how did u know I went there, if only Colgan had the same standards of training people like you wouldn't have made it this far in the industry.
You probably one of those bitter pricks who got based somewher you hate cause your an a**hole and they wont base change you, so you spend all your time venting your frustrations on the internet because its the only place a miserable piece of sh*t can feel good about himself. Why don't you do the world a favour, and wrap those c*cks*cking lips of yours around a barrel and kill yourself. Maybe you'll make the newsletter, but i doubt it.

p.s. F U

People: A wise man once said...

"Nobody cares about threats over the internet.
Don't try to act hardcore with the keyboard.
Fighting online is like racing in the special olympics,
even if you win,
you're still retarded."

Warmest Reguards,

MalmsteenFan

The thread-starter would have been a tool IF he didn't ask the question. Nuff said. Boy, there are lots of angry people on this board. Maybe everyone should ditch the internet and go study their FOMs.

MM

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back