• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for ASA guys concerning operation HAVCO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well it seems to me that it kind of began with a couple of things happening right about the same time that really put a burr under everyones saddle.

First, we had gone a couple of months with the company, the mediator, and our cnc not even getting together. Then they schedule 5 days in a row for negotiations to hammer things out.

I believe it was about day 2 or 3 in negotiations that the mediator sent everyone home and another dissapointing email was dispatched to the pilots from the cnc. And on that same day, big D dropped the hammer on us announcing that they were dropping our travel priority to just above a buddy pass and going to make us pay to ride on their aircraft AND that delta nonrevs would have a higher priority on ASA planes than ASA people would. I think that was kind of the final straw for this pilot group.

So the perfect storm kind of formed all at once!

Oh, and during the time of our negotiations, we had:

2 base closing,
our 900's go to skyw,
4 of our 700's go to skyw,
a round of downgrades

Good luck to yall!

Bingo. Not to mention the following month's lines were garbage and the hotel-switching plan to fleabags had hit its peak. These things came together in a perfect storm to finally anger the pilot group as a hole. There was no real organization, just a few events which led to what is now known as HAVCO.

Good luck to 9E, however, might I suggest treading carefully. If we remember, American Airlines sued their pilot's union in their pilot's attempts to make AA a safer airline. The pilots lost, and lost all demands in their contract negotiations. This may have set the stage for a new standard in doing business. Be careful, and though I have no love-loss for Pinnacle, I still wish the pilots the best.

Hmpfh!

You guys talk as if ALL Pinnacle pilots have spines. Too many spineless here, sorry. But no operation havoc will be coming here. Not when we have pus$ies willing to close the door before the load slip is onboard, just so they can "bock out on time." Or taxiing at Indy 500 speeds... doesn't help the havoc cause.

I expect beotching and moaning, but in the end, nothing.

I get the "how" as to the aircraft and what to do, its the pilot group I'm most concerned with. How did you guys get everyone on board with the operation? What did the guys who organized things do to get things rolling?

Do you really think the pro-company idiots of the Northern Mississippi Flying Club based at MEM would EVER hurt the company?

Yah right, keep dreaming.

Good luck to 9E, however, might I suggest treading carefully. If we remember, American Airlines sued their pilot's union in their pilot's attempts to make AA a safer airline. The pilots lost, and lost all demands in their contract negotiations. This may have set the stage for a new standard in doing business. Be careful, and though I have no love-loss for Pinnacle, I still wish the pilots the best.

It's okay, Pinnacle ALPA has already been sued by management. And reamed up the as$.

Latest resources

Back