• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for ASA guys concerning operation HAVCO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did the original poster actually mean Operation: Uncle Rico?

taxi speed motivates pilot group

Our POH restricted our taxi speed to less than 15 knots. You can use your GPS groundspeed to determine if your getting close to that. If you are the leader of the pack then everyone taxis at a safe speed. I look at it as helping other pilots stay safe.

Well it seems to me that it kind of began with a couple of things happening right about the same time that really put a burr under everyones saddle.

First, we had gone a couple of months with the company, the mediator, and our cnc not even getting together. Then they schedule 5 days in a row for negotiations to hammer things out.

I believe it was about day 2 or 3 in negotiations that the mediator sent everyone home and another dissapointing email was dispatched to the pilots from the cnc. And on that same day, big D dropped the hammer on us announcing that they were dropping our travel priority to just above a buddy pass and going to make us pay to ride on their aircraft AND that delta nonrevs would have a higher priority on ASA planes than ASA people would. I think that was kind of the final straw for this pilot group.

So the perfect storm kind of formed all at once!

Oh, and during the time of our negotiations, we had:

2 base closing,
our 900's go to skyw,
4 of our 700's go to skyw,
a round of downgrades

Good luck to yall!

Our POH restricted our taxi speed to less than 15 knots.

8 knots if PIC less than 100 hrs in type
5 knots if wet taxiway
3 knots if controller is a ******************************bag
2 knots if F/A is gay
1 knot if Delta 767 is behind you
1/2 knot if he says anything

8 knots if PIC less than 100 hrs in type
5 knots if wet taxiway
3 knots if controller is a ******************************bag
2 knots if F/A is gay
1 knot if Delta 767 is behind you
1/2 knot if he says anything

HA ha ha. You had me.

I read the first one, and was "Oh really? I didn't know that."

#2, "Must be part of the revised OM again. Need to read up on that stuff."

#3, "Ahhh, it's a joke. Dumbass"

:beer:

I get the "how" as to the aircraft and what to do, its the pilot group I'm most concerned with. How did you guys get everyone on board with the operation? What did the guys who organized things do to get things rolling?

Okay, guess we should go ahead and tell you. Havco was a product of the inspirational leadership of our former President, Mr Byryan LeBozoazz. Mr Lebozoazz is the author of the best selling book "The Idiot's Guide to Airline Management," essential reading for the busy executive who wakes up one day to find that, somehow, he's now in charge of an airline. Notable topics covered in the book: "How to dazzle and befuddle your pilot group through the use of meaningless graphs and charts." Also: "Keeping a finger on the pulse of your operation through an annual trek over to airside."

Currently, Mr Lebozoazz is taking much needed training in how to fib credibly. When he's not spending time with his family, (which is most of the time) he keeps in touch with his former pilots by posting on certain aviation web boards.

Exactly. If you read the title of the original thread, you'll see that it's titled "Operation Havco". It was all about Have Company. Nothing at all to do with the airport.

Latest resources

Back