Question for ASA guys concerning operation HAVCO

Windsor

I do 5x5's
Total Time
enough
Does anyone have any background information on how you guys got operation havco running? Right around this time last year, you guys put on an impressive display of safe flying. It is 9E's turn to learn the way of the masters. I am looking for information on how you got the pilot group unified enough to do it. If you don't want to post publicly, PM's are welcome. Its about time Pinnacle pilots start flying safer and I'm looking to help get something started.

ohplease!

Total Time
10K+
Does anyone have any background information on how you guys got operation havco running? Right around this time last year, you guys put on an impressive display of safe flying. It is 9E's turn to learn the way of the masters. I am looking for information on how you got the pilot group unified enough to do it. If you don't want to post publicly, PM's are welcome. Its about time Pinnacle pilots start flying safer and I'm looking to help get something started.
you'll never get it done. sorry. Too many kids from third world countries with SJS.

OCP

Total Time
eh...
You'll get a good list of things to keep the RJ safe in this, but the biggest part is having all the FOs find these things and report them to the CA, and have the CAs write these things up. Out station or not. If you all don't play along, then nothing will really get done. Oh and make sure you taxi at a safe speed. CAs discretion.

AuburnRedneck9

Total Time
Well for starters it rests with the captain so ohplease is an idiot, make sure the walk around is complete. I'd make sure that everything inside and outside the aircraft is working correctly, illuminated and or legible. And if you follow the rules no one can say a word to you, the key is not to be lazy and know the rules really really well before you become the legal eagle.

Beergut

It's 17:00 Somewhere
Total Time
10k +
What on earth are you guys talking about?:cool:

Windsor

I do 5x5's
Total Time
enough
I get the "how" as to the aircraft and what to do, its the pilot group I'm most concerned with. How did you guys get everyone on board with the operation? What did the guys who organized things do to get things rolling?

SiuDude

Internet tough guy
Total Time
Why
I get the "how" as to the aircraft and what to do, its the pilot group I'm most concerned with. How did you guys get everyone on board with the operation? What did the guys who organized things do to get things rolling?
Nice try Bryan.

Beergut

It's 17:00 Somewhere
Total Time
10k +
I still don't know what you're talking about. Organized? ASA pilots are just concerned for their passengers and want to reassure themselves and the flying public that ASA aircraft are 100% safe from the nose to the tail. ;)

Redan

Total Time
5500+

Thank God I'm a secret agent man.

COOPERVANE

Member since 1967
Total Time
<8000
I think it all started with the memo about the three options. I don't remember the exact wording of the options but it was something along the lines of:

#1 take a pay cut and get growth/survive
#2 hold out for your demands and lose flying/go under
#3 keep stalling and lose flying/go under

I think we decided that if our company could not stay in business at the current pay rates, then it DESERVED to go under. I for one, got to the point where I didn't care if we went out of business. I was not going to take a cut.

We chose unpublished option #4 We decided that our passengers deserved to experience the safest regional in the world.

Last edited:

Redan

Total Time
5500+
I think it all started with the memo about the three options. I don't remember the exact wording of the options but it was something along the lines of:

#1 take a pay cut and get growth/survive
#2 hold out for your demands and lose flying/go under
#3 keep stalling and lose flying/go under

I think we decided that if our company could not stay in business at the current pay rates, then it DESERVED to go under. I for one, got to the point where I didn't care if we went out of business. I was not going to take a cut.

We chose unpublished option #4 We decided that our passengers deserved to experience the safest regional in the world.

Well said.

Total Time
So ASA thinks its operation is safer than every other regional.

My what high opinions you hold of yourselves.

COOPERVANE

Member since 1967
Total Time
<8000

Well...yes!! FOR A TIME we were the safest regional in the world. I'm not claiming that now.

If no airplanes leave the gate you will have quite an impressive safety record!!

SilverandSore

Total Time
5k+

Someone missed the meaning of this thread...

spudskier

Total Time
<enuf

Not the brightest bulb in the box are ya... few sandwiches short of a picnic? few bricks short of a house? Few placards short of being airworthy?

;)

atlcrashpad

Can't hold me down
Total Time
Bling
Der wern't no Operation Havoc......
Whatchew talkin' bout Willis?
Yeahhhhhhhhh Bouyyyyyyyyyy......

Total Time
Not the brightest bulb in the box are ya... few sandwiches short of a picnic? few bricks short of a house? Few placards short of being airworthy?

;)
Dude spud, I guess I didn't understand what all this crap meant. Comments not directed at the fine pilots such as yourself at ASA.

:D

spudskier

Total Time
<enuf
Dude spud, I guess I didn't understand what all this crap meant. Comments not directed at the fine pilots such as yourself at ASA.

:D
Hmmm sounded like it was directed DIRECTLY at fine pilots... no worries.

bygones

ASA has it's moldy spots and/or bad seeds like any other group of people but proud to be part of it. Lot of good people working very hard and flying safely everyday thanks in part to a top notch training department.

Last edited: