• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for ASA guys concerning operation HAVCO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I get the "how" as to the aircraft and what to do, its the pilot group I'm most concerned with. How did you guys get everyone on board with the operation? What did the guys who organized things do to get things rolling?

Thank God I'm a secret agent man.

I think it all started with the memo about the three options. I don't remember the exact wording of the options but it was something along the lines of:

#1 take a pay cut and get growth/survive
#2 hold out for your demands and lose flying/go under
#3 keep stalling and lose flying/go under

I think we decided that if our company could not stay in business at the current pay rates, then it DESERVED to go under. I for one, got to the point where I didn't care if we went out of business. I was not going to take a cut.

We chose unpublished option #4 We decided that our passengers deserved to experience the safest regional in the world.

Last edited:
I think it all started with the memo about the three options. I don't remember the exact wording of the options but it was something along the lines of:

#1 take a pay cut and get growth/survive
#2 hold out for your demands and lose flying/go under
#3 keep stalling and lose flying/go under

I think we decided that if our company could not stay in business at the current pay rates, then it DESERVED to go under. I for one, got to the point where I didn't care if we went out of business. I was not going to take a cut.

We chose unpublished option #4 We decided that our passengers deserved to experience the safest regional in the world.

Well said.

So ASA thinks its operation is safer than every other regional.

My what high opinions you hold of yourselves.

Well...yes!! FOR A TIME we were the safest regional in the world. I'm not claiming that now.

If no airplanes leave the gate you will have quite an impressive safety record!!

Someone missed the meaning of this thread...

Not the brightest bulb in the box are ya... few sandwiches short of a picnic? few bricks short of a house? Few placards short of being airworthy?

;)

Der wern't no Operation Havoc......
Whatchew talkin' bout Willis?
Yeahhhhhhhhh Bouyyyyyyyyyy......

Not the brightest bulb in the box are ya... few sandwiches short of a picnic? few bricks short of a house? Few placards short of being airworthy?

;)

Dude spud, I guess I didn't understand what all this crap meant. Comments not directed at the fine pilots such as yourself at ASA.

:D

Dude spud, I guess I didn't understand what all this crap meant. Comments not directed at the fine pilots such as yourself at ASA.

:D

Hmmm sounded like it was directed DIRECTLY at fine pilots... no worries.

bygones

ASA has it's moldy spots and/or bad seeds like any other group of people but proud to be part of it. Lot of good people working very hard and flying safely everyday thanks in part to a top notch training department.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back