Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question about Jumpseat Privledges and Frac Pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dueguard1

ROTT MAN 4 LIFE!!!
Do Fractional Pilots get jumpseat privledges aboard 121 carriers?

That's the 100 dollar question. Evidentally all you have to do is ask the ticket agent. They look your company up on their list or if you get lucky.. they just let you. I haven't tried it yet.

Ughh Scott Daddy said NO.

Why would you think that a part 91/135 pilot would get a quid pro quo deal for nuttin?

Use your hilton honors points and get a ticket...

It obviously depends on the carrer. When I worked at "a small turboprop operator based in Cheyenne, WY", captains had a lot of discretion about who could jumpseat. I know that I carried several NetJets guys and I never heard of any of my co-workers turning down a frac pilot.

But I think the situation is a lot more grim when you start talking larger regionals and the majors.

dueguard1 said:
Do Fractional Pilots get jumpseat privileges aboard 121 carriers?
Do 121 pilots get jumpseat privileges on Fractionals?

We had Fractionals on our jumpseat list a few years ago and since 9-11 they are gone. The big problem was not getting reciprocal jumpseat.

At NetJets we can ride on Commutair, Kalitta, and Kitty Hawk. However, we can't reciprocate the offer to anyone due to the nature of our operations.

Last edited:
TR4A said:
Do 121 pilots get jumpseat privileges on Fractionals?

We had Fractionals on our jumpseat list a few years ago and since 9-11 they are gone. The big problem was not getting reciprocal jumpseat.

Actually last recurrent said that we offered it to pretty much everybody (you too Rez :D ) and most declined because there is no promise that the airport we start for is the one we will end up at.
Honestly, I JSed for 5 yrs while I was an airline prisoner and it was OK until 9/11, then it was impossible. I'd rather miss the earlier flight and just use the ticket.

acaTerry said:
Actually last recurrent said that we offered it to pretty much everybody (you too Rez :D ) and most declined because there is no promise that the airport we start for is the one we will end up at.
Honestly, I JSed for 5 yrs while I was an airline prisoner and it was OK until 9/11, then it was impossible. I'd rather miss the earlier flight and just use the ticket.
The biggest problem I heard for us 121 guys was we could not jumpseat unless the airplane was empty. Plus trying to find out where and when their were flying. Again no reciprocity so the Fracs were dropped.

Latest resources

Back