Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question about Jumpseat Privledges and Frac Pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TR4A said:
The biggest problem I heard for us 121 guys was we could not jumpseat unless the airplane was empty. Plus trying to find out where and when their were flying. Again no reciprocity so the Fracs were dropped.
That's what I was trying to say, but some somehow mixed it up.

Humphreybogart said:
We have jumpseat agrements at CitationShares, cause we're the best!

Did everyone here know that Bogart is the best pilot ever? He must be the 3rd Wright Brother. We must be so privelaged to have you here dude. Lets bring out the gimp for Bogart........I'm thinkin THAT will keep his trap shut for a bit.

I know that we do not take frac guys under any circumstances. I don't see why any JS coordinator would sign an agreement when reciprical agreements could not be offered.

You guys get points though right? You do enough airline flying I would imagine to have accumulated plenty of point to use for your personal travel.

ATRCA said:
I know that we do not take frac guys under any circumstances. I don't see why any JS coordinator would sign an agreement when reciprical agreements could not be offered.

You guys get points though right? You do enough airline flying I would imagine to have accumulated plenty of point to use for your personal travel.

That is indeed a question for your JS Coordinator. We presented a CASS ready plan which was approved by every major, national, high cost, low cost, regional, reputable and dirt bag carrier out there to management.

They chose to foster a cooperative environment here at NJA with the pilots and blow off our Jumpseat Committee.

The obstacle was NOT reciprocity at all. It was management. Again.

True, our reciprocity in the agreement did not allow for a pilot to plan a commute to work with any regularity. It did, however, allow for a bitch ass ride aboard their very own private jet pimped out in wood finish, gold trim and leather with a variety of snacks, beverages and goodies to paruse. As long as the offline jumpseater was up for a bit of enjoyment and adventure then they would not be dissapointed.

The 10:05 to LGA... no we don't have that.

I had a thought to offer limited reciprocity. We offer the 121 carriers an 800 number or web site access to check out specific ferry flights from A to B. While not a sure thing, just one trip in a private jet would motivate all to participate. You may not get back the same way, but with your jump seat priviledges, it wouldn't matter, would it?

I don't know how or why but CS does have JS privilages with Air Tran, Commutair and one other, I think.

And bogart, Shut up. You're an emabarassment to a great pilot group.

CS jumpseatin'

Talked to a CS guy on the road who said the CP was buddy-buddy with Airtran and CommodeAir and they worked out a deal. Also said they had taken some 135 dudes on an empty leg...

CommutAir, as per their FOM (2002) will carry jumpseaters from any 121/135 operators, FAA and FlightSafety instructors. Take as many Jumpseaters as there are open seats. There is no list. There is no agreement. It is how it has always been. They were just a laid back operation (that was once fun to work for). Many frac guys hail from the CommutAir, over 60 here at NJA. Old CommutAir CP is at CS. So there a lot of connections. Good group of guys at CommutAir, all looking for the same thing. Time and a better job (and our ESOP money).

Latest resources

Back