• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question About Family Safety While You're Gone

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
EVERYTHING bad happens when ONLY bad guys have guns.Did your parents have any children that lived ?

History very much disagrees with you-
That's a totally ignorant and common statement

Doberman

They are in the top 5 of just about anybodies smartest dogs list, have a long and storied career as war/police/working dogs, (see Always Faithful: A Memoir of the Marine Dogs of WWII) and are so loyal that you will never have to worry about your families safety again. Easy to train (it does take work) incredibly fearless, and very protective of your family without being the aggressive assailant that lay folks think that they are. Nothing stares you down and inflicts terror on a would be assailant like a Doberman..... but once the threat is removed they just go back and sit on your lap (if you let them) as lovingly as any dog.

Unless your wife is confident enough to handle a firearm I would not recommend it. I'm not against guns at all, it's just that they open up a whole nother can of worms. A Doberman won't mistake a friendly for foe in the middle of the night, a Doberman won't be sleeping under the pillow when you need it in the living room or front yard, a Doberman will never be taken by force and used against you, and sadly the most important plus of all, a Doberman will never be accidentally "discharged" by a child and harm another child.

Find a good breeder in your area and have fun!

Oh, and by the way, Chuck Norris wears Doberman PJ's.

Hello Brothers and Sisters,

I live in a good and somewhat affluent neighborhood, so to speak. I just found out from my neighbor that someone tried to break in her home at around 11.30 PM last night, i.e. attempted night time home invasion. The potential intruder didn't succeed. The police were called, they didn't find the alleged suspect but a police report was filed.

Our neighborhood is a bit shook up. In addition to my neighbor, some of the surrounding homes have been broken into. There are some vacant foreclosures and we think criminals are going to the foreclosures, posing as potential buyers, landscapers, utility workers, etc. and are then jumping the backyard fences to adjacent properties and breaking into those properties.

So, I am a bit worried leaving for my trips because I'm worried for my wife and kids. Does anyone have any suggestions? What do you do when your away for your trips?

Please no smartA$$ remarks.

Thx.

A big Rot or two will scare 99% of small time loser types away. A Glock will take care of the rest

History very much disagrees with you-
That's a totally ignorant and common statement
The greatest tyrants of the 20th century became that way because they were the only ones with the guns. Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot. Millions killed because of communist/fascist regimes that didn't allow their people to have guns.

Great- are we gonna now say Obamas the next hitler and start stocking up fir the revolution?

Next.

Valuable topic. Ironically one I never thought of until I left my airline career. Now in my current business I'm a 24hr target. 3 business break-ins in the last 2 years. Nothing stolen due to alarms. Just damage. At the home front alarms, cameras, firearms and some type of weapon in every room. Greet anyone I don't know at the door with my personal protection choice an XD-45 in my hand. (2 in the last month) Watch tv with it on the coffee table. When I arrive home from work (sometimes at night) I'm armed in hand and ready to shoot as I pull in my driveway. Also have Rem 870 with heavy shot personal defense shells. In the last year had someone in my boat and in the backyard.
My dog of choice, pit-bull. "Nothing stares you down and inflicts terror on a would be assailant like a Doberman', my pit bull does. He warned me of both people and was jumping so high to get in the backyard he was nearly touching the ceiling. The guy in the boat ran and the one in the backyard was watching me lift the locks on the sliding glass door. He ran then said, "oh ********************" when he heard the sound of my dog running across the yard. An 80lb all muscle pit bull sounds like a horse galloping when they sprint. This guy escaped through the acre wooded lot next to me. So I now have barbed wire strung between the trees and three strands across the top of the fence. The rest of my fence is 8ft high.
For your family when your not home.
1 Dog
2 Alarm
3 Firearm for your wife (mine carries concealed an airweight hammerless S&W .38+p)
Constant vigilence of your or her surroundings is #1.

Latest resources

Back