Question about ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CALnTX said:
Lets not forget too that CAL is getting ready to interview more XJT guys.I was told by me chief pilot there are about 400 guys from XJT with apps in.hopefully we can get a lot of them over here IN CASE the worst happens...this is somewhat of an agreement between CAL and XJt.maybe Neal knows more

I Hope this is true. I also hope that there are more than 400 people here at XJET that want to go to CAL. As soon as i can apply i am getting mine in.

I find it interesting that CAL says they'll take more of our guys now. It's a moot point since if they do take the 69 a/c we'll still have to furlough. It's just we'd be furloughing guys who've been here for 6 months instead of guys who've been here 1 1/2 years. We're still hiring like mad and will still have to furlough if they take a/c.

I think it may be some sort of "bubba" deal where XJT says to CAL if you take more of our guys we can lower our unit cost due to having more junior employees. Then we pass on the savings to CAL. Heck, it makes sense. 5-8 year captains or 3-7 year captains. The big savings here however isn't in the pay rates. While that does cost some money the big money is in the vacation. Remember after 7 years service a guy goes up to 3 weeks. Thats coming up for us in 06-07 when a lot of guys hit that mark. Huge cost for the company.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back