• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Q's about Kalitta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
what kind of flight time are guys getting called for an interview? do they have mins posted anywhere?

mins

On APC the mins are 4000TT. They had mins on the Kalitta site before, when they listed the pilot position in the careers section. Don't see the position listed there now.

When the new contract was approved the mins went from 2000tt (I think, may have been 2500) to 4000tt that day.

batfish

Contract min is 1500. They like to see around 4,000, but it is not a hard number. Heavy and international time helps too. A feb. class for 14 f/o's has been announced and the rumor mill says at least another 2 or 3 are planned plus a few upgrade classes.

Contract min is 1500. They like to see around 4,000, but it is not a hard number. Heavy and international time helps too. A feb. class for 14 f/o's has been announced and the rumor mill says at least another 2 or 3 are planned plus a few upgrade classes for next year.

1. Does Kalitta Air provide crew meals and if so how are they?

2. How do you pack for a 17 day trip?

3. Would the 25" perdy neet bag work or should you get the 27'?

4. How often do the months back up to one another and then you work 34 days in a row?

Thanks

RJSlim

1. All flights are catered. Quality varies, but overall I think it's pretty good.

2 + 3. You can do laundry or get it done nearly everywhere we go, so I don't carry much. In the summer when I'm wearing the same shorts and t-shirt pretty much every day, the small PrettyNeat bag works fine. In the winter when I have to carry warmer clothes, I have a $40 Korean special that holds plenty.

4. It's the luck of the draw. I only got one back-to-back when I was in the bottom half of the seniority list, but I wasn't there long. Maybe some junior captains will chime in.

since there are half as many Fo's as CA's, you will pretty much get a bid that does not set you up for back to back unless you bid that on purpose, like I plan to Dec-Jan. I will bid off late Feb. I can have a month off to travel. sounds crazy, but I will have one month in Brasil!

Do ya'all stay at the 5 towns while in JFK??

Yes we stay in the 5 Clowns.

On your time off while working, what is there to do in each city? Or do you guys work pretty solid while on?

One of the nice things about Kalitta is we don't do alot of India and Africa like alot of the other cargo outifits. It's mostly Brussels, Amsterdam, Liege, Hong Kong, Dubai, Bahrain, Anchorage, and Honolulu. There's plenty of stuff to do in each, just depends what you're into. When you see us, most of us look pretty beat up, but I can tell you it's usually from playing too hard, not working. It really is about as easy as a job as you can get.

Latest resources

Back