• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Q's about Kalitta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
since there are half as many Fo's as CA's, you will pretty much get a bid that does not set you up for back to back unless you bid that on purpose, like I plan to Dec-Jan. I will bid off late Feb. I can have a month off to travel. sounds crazy, but I will have one month in Brasil!

Is that because they crew the flights with 2 Captains, 1 FO and 1 FE? Or are they just that short of FOs?

What are the chances of a new-hire being an FE? (its not a bad thing for me)

On the road what are the accommodations like? Downtown locations?

Someone mentioned them wanting "international-heavy experience". How likely is it for an RJ guy to be picked up by them?

After commuting for a while, being home based sounds like a godsend, even if its half the month on the road. Plus, I think I'd enjoy the international flying (and layovers), and the nomad life style that comes with 121 supplementals. I guess thats all for now.

Is that because they crew the flights with 2 Captains, 1 FO and 1 FE? Or are they just that short of FOs?

What are the chances of a new-hire being an FE? (its not a bad thing for me)

On the road what are the accommodations like? Downtown locations?

Someone mentioned them wanting "international-heavy experience". How likely is it for an RJ guy to be picked up by them?

After commuting for a while, being home based sounds like a godsend, even if its half the month on the road. Plus, I think I'd enjoy the international flying (and layovers), and the nomad life style that comes with 121 supplementals. I guess thats all for now.

no one said anything about 2 Captains, the question was about getting stuck on 17 back to back, with seniority , that is not likely to happen, because they are short FO's, (half as many CA's), this means if you were here now, you won't end up long on reserve or more than likely get stuck as i mentioned before. Plus there are spilt lines, many that don't end at the end or start at the beginning.

ex. i think there are 80+ CA and maybe 60 FO's, they have had a class every other month since the beginning of the year.

The layovers are mostly all downtown everywhere, except Brussels, it is in a completely different town, called Leuven. but it is great! College town.

Amsterdam is at the airport, but a 30min. bicycle ride.

My class had maybe 6 regional guys, 4 or 5 were in jets, the other(s) 1900's.

they are not hiring pilots as SO's, Pilots are only hired in the right seat.

good luck,
oh, we do have heavy and double crews, heavy is 2 CA and 2 FE, 1 FO.
Double, well, double

Air Gator,
You must be such a pimp at kalitta. Does it get hard being such a player and having such a strong game? Do you ever get tired of pimpin bitches around the world or is that something they cover in ground school?
D+$

Air Gator should teach recurrent ground so we can all pimp them bitches like he does.

Hanging out in the 'Pot of Milk' in Liege, lots of Bitches in there, whew, hotties.......just off of Rue Saint Paul.

Air Gator,
You must be such a pimp at kalitta. Does it get hard being such a player and having such a strong game? Do you ever get tired of pimpin bitches around the world or is that something they cover in ground school?
D+$

Big Daddy Kane was wrong D.
Pimpin is easy.

How often do you guys go plus 12 hours? When do you ne4ed a double crew? Plus 16 hours?
Not too often - I do a few heavy/double crews a year, it's kinda rare.

How many local YIP guys our out there? I'm in training now, I'm local and could use a tutor for beer.

Air Gator should teach recurrent ground so we can all pimp them bitches like he does.

Hanging out in the 'Pot of Milk' in Liege, lots of Bitches in there, whew, hotties.......just off of Rue Saint Paul.

Not to mention the 'Three Rivers', 'Irish Joint'...

the 'Sinners' in Amsterdam... 'Sticky and Spicy's' in Hong Kong... F-1 in Bahrain...

Leuven, Dubai, Anchorage...

Latest resources

Back