• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

QOL @ NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good for you. At my last non-union carrier, pay and benefits were cut after half the workforce was laid off. This was all prior to 9/11, too, a result of nothing but mismanagement of the company and the embezzling of ESOP funds by top management. They nearly destroyed the company, with a 100% union-free employee group that had a payscale that was basically unchanged in over a decade. (Thus, after inflation, pay was going down every year.)

When are you going to figure out that it's managemeent who determines the success or failure of a company's business, not a union?

How did they fair AFTER and during the downturn in the industry?

Did they go out of business, did they go into bankruptcy or did they go like NJ did without an updated contract and hold the status quo?

Does the company still exist?

If it does and is holding it's own now, then you can complain all you want but they were successful at doing what many union companies were not.

Staying open and avoiding bankruptcy.

How did they fair AFTER and during the downturn in the industry?

Did they go out of business, did they go into bankruptcy or did they go like NJ did without an updated contract and hold the status quo?

Does the company still exist?

If it does and is holding it's own now, then you can complain all you want but they were successful at doing what many union companies were not.

Staying open and avoiding bankruptcy.

Yup they made it. Though they had to lay off a ton of guys. Move pilots from base to base every so many months when they opened and closed bases at will. Oh and one more little thing. They robbed the employee group blind with the ESOP program.
I am sure :uzi: Jim, John and Tony will rot in he!!. :)

I do make at least than 5% more than my counterparts at union carriers (including FedEx), and I don't work on weekends or holidays either. :D

That NEVER happened when I worked for a union carrier. I also never had taken a pay cut or had been laid off before either.
So can I ( a pilot not a DataDink like you) come fly at your carrier and make FEDEX plus 5%?

Please PM me info so I can apply tomorrow.

If its so great to be a PILOT at a non-union carrier... why are you riding a desk instead of flying the line?

Please don't tell its because people who work at desks make more than your Pilots?

NJA Bound

Section 27 gives differences pay to >40 for FOs not Captains. Captains pay is from 15,501 to 100,00.

But your pay scale is still accurate based on 15 yr bonus payout there after.

SD

If its so great to be a PILOT at a non-union carrier... why are you riding a desk instead of flying the line?

Please don't tell its because people who work at desks make more than your Pilots?

First class medicals don't agree with me anymore. And in my line of work, the desk is paid higher than my counterparts at union carriers.

Originally Posted by B19 Flyer
= If the economy stumbles like it did in '01, it won't take just NJ, it'll cause a "correction" like in 121. Then, everybody will be scrambling back into 121 again. One thing about unions, they will force change, right down to strangling the golden goose of the fractional industry.

This is why we know your not smart. You say dumb things. The fracs are NOT the airlines. They don't respond to the economy like the airlines. The avg joe that pays $69 for an airline ride isn't even in the same galaxy as the clients of the fracs. The rich just don't care. When the economy goes to sh$t, these people don't feel that. The avg joe will drive in a heart beat from point A to B when the price jumps.

Not sure why I waisted my time on this. We know you've made dumb comments like this before. We know that people have tried to respond to you before- explaining why fracs will survive (THERE WILL ALWAYS BE RICH PEOPLE!) but you just don't seem to get it.

We know your a scab. We know that you got "hurt" by the unions at some point. Dude - call your mommy, get over it

STOP F$CKING CRYING
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y

Originally Posted by B19 Flyer
= If the economy stumbles like it did in '01, it won't take just NJ, it'll cause a "correction" like in 121. Then, everybody will be scrambling back into 121 again. One thing about unions, they will force change, right down to strangling the golden goose of the fractional industry.

This is why we know your not smart. You say dumb things. The fracs are NOT the airlines. They don't respond to the economy like the airlines. The avg joe that pays $69 for an airline ride isn't even in the same galaxy as the clients of the fracs. The rich just don't care. When the economy goes to sh$t, these people don't feel that. The avg joe will drive in a heart beat from point A to B when the price jumps.

Not sure why I waisted my time on this. We know you've made dumb comments like this before. We know that people have tried to respond to you before- explaining why fracs will survive (THERE WILL ALWAYS BE RICH PEOPLE!) but you just don't seem to get it.

We know your a scab. We know that you got "hurt" by the unions at some point. Dude - call your mommy, get over it

STOP F$CKING CRYING
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y

MLB, NHL, screenwriters, automakers... none of which are airlines either. All have more money than NJ.

Got nothing to do with airlines, if the ecomony stumbles, everything is affected. No union, no mess.

Get over it. I ain't crying, I work for a non-union airline. I don't have anything to cry about.

Latest resources

Back