• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

QOL at Redwood

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Amazing, Virgin is doing just what SWA did not that long ago. They are an upstart and they are paying upstart wages. SWA got its foot in the door paying wages WAY below industry standard, they required a type to get hired to save money along with substandard retirement benefits. SWA pilots flew more than most and earned much less.
I'm not a SWA basher by any means, it's called business and it's how the world works. They competed and it paid off well. Now it appears VA is doing the same thing, it seems to me the traveling public loves them and they are doing a very good job. I suspect they will be very successful, they offer a good product.

Oh yeah,and they can wear a purple uniform for all I care. Uniform snobs that go around judging what other people wear more often than not, are anal idiots. I don't care if a pilot wears a hat or not, has a leather jacket or a double breasted one and I could care less if he has a backpack. I judge the person, not what he is wearing.

No, but it confuses the TSA every time we open a new city. :laugh:

My favorite was asking for a jumpseat on another airline. Standing in the cockpit door and the F/O says "hey, I hear you guys have funky uniforms, what does it look like?" I just smiled and said "you're looking at it buddy."

I'll wear black if I don't have to wear the tie. It is really more comfortable without the tie. Our pax don't seem to care that I don't look like a general on parade.

I have flown on VA twice. Very good service and cool disco feel, just like on Virgin. I'm not a big fan of startups these days, but they do have a good product. Maybe some day they will make record profits and pay more than SWA, you just never know.

box

The haters are the same ones who vote republican, trash unions while militantly protecting their own seniority and union, and lecture everyone else about capitalism---
Fwiw- I've never heard anyone at Wn trash VA- it's usually some form of "bring it.."- the real spirit that makes america great-

If you're not at a major, and you have a shot at VA- Go for it- you'll be in a great spot

Because the OP posted it here?

Because "real" pilots posted a reply?

Because we are growing and will meet the DOT revenue definition in the near future?

All of the above.

Cheers! :beer:

Latest resources

Back