• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

QOL at NJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Capt D, which fleet u in? 12 days a year, huh? I gotten one in 3 years.:puke:

Last edited:
With the 7/7 schedule you are able to plan events months, even years, in advance.
For instance, in January you could plan a week long get-a-way in October, you have week 1 and 3 off, pick your desired week, use your points and miles for an all expense paid vacay.
The only issue this brings is what will you do with your other two three week vacations periods.

Remember they can shift your tour up to four days to accomedate training...

But you also have a good idea of where training will fall. Don't plan a trip to Rome then.

I personally do not like 7 day tours. Which is why I bid the 15 day schedule. 5 days work great for me. If the time comes where I can't hold that, I'll get on the 18 day and bid short tours. On the home front, I could be gone longer than 7 days and my wife can survive. I was in the military when we met, so she is used to managed chaos.

One of the big reasons I took this job was the chance to not have to commute. IBB made that a reality and I can live where I want to live. At times I get annoyed with day to day ops here, then I think about our bennies and it calms me - sometimes.

Hey Capt D, which fleet u in? 12 days a year, huh? I gotten one in 3 years.:puke:

I guess I shouldn't expect it, but I have had three show at home days in the last two tours. I mean summer is the slow season...I guess I am just lucky lately. It did help to be mismatched with captains that start the day before or after me. That's what happened the last two weeks.

Now I'm jinxed for sure.

Last edited:
Try this on for size. Two jobs ago I was on call 24/7. My day off was the day I didn't get called. I was flying equipment that had war records (WWII) and to this day I am amazed I survived. Last job was better cause I got 12 days off. I was, however, pretty much gone the remaining 18 or 19 days. Sometimes I got lucky and got an extra day off every once in a while. Out of the 9 years I worked there, I got 3 Christmas holidays off. I was also half way around the world for my daughter's birth. Now that I am once again unemployed, I am looking at getting a job that only gets 10 days off per month plus a 2 leg commute to get to work. All that for poverty wages. Get the picture yet? If you have to ask about QOL at NJA then you haven't really paid your dues.

What 91 gig do you have now? I know a fortune 10 flight department that was cut in half last Friday. One guy celebrated his 10 years with this company a couple of weeks ago. The company had a celebration in the hanger with cake and gave him a new TravelPro! Guess he got a new bag to pack his ********************e! Some left fractional companies for the "gold" ring.
I can't address your situation, but I would think that NJA is the SWA of the fractional world.

But, seriously, in this industry, who knows? All the best in your decision process!

Cheers- Rum

I wonder how the CFI mills are talking people into throwing down that 87K to get into this business?

Look at this site! Ads everywhere promising you a wonderful career....

good luck

" YOU CAN BE AN AIRLINE PILOT!
15 DAYS OFF PER MONTH
FREE TRAVEL
FLY A $25 MILLINON DOLLAR JET AT MACH .76
THERE IS NOTHING LIKE IT!
LEARN HOW
ATP"

Ad from the left side of this page... You know they are deprate with ads like this

Latest resources

Back