Qatar Airways Pilot Recruitment Nework!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bull

I am just posting this add to help fellow pilots back home, if you have further questions please PM me. Good Luck!

Nework Marriot Hotel
Sep 23rd and Sep 24th

Flight Deck Crew Recruitment Drive New York!
Description

Strive for Excellence with One of the World's Fastest Growing Airlines! As the Middle East's only 5-star airline and one of the world's fastest growing carriers, Qatar Airways is dedicated to excellence and continuous improvement. We advocate cultural diversity, dynamism and career development! Be part of Qatar Airways and experience a high-flying career in our airline with a modern fleet of A300-600, A319/A320/A321, A330, A340 and B777 aircraft.

We are looking for First Officers and invite qualified candidates to become a part of the growing team at Qatar Airways:

First Officers (A300/ A320/ A330/ B777)

Requirements
· Total minimum hours 1000
· 500 hours on type operated by Qatar Airways
· Valid ICAO ATPL or frozen ICAO ATPL.(FAA ATP written is not acceptable)
· ICAO English Proficiency Level has to be endorsed on the license
· Below 50 years of age.

Type Rating Conversions
First officers without a rating on the aircraft types we fly must have the following minimum experience, A total of 2000 flying hours of which 500 hours shall be on jets and below 45 years of age.

First Officers with considerable experience on the Boeing aircraft (B767, B757 & B737NG) will be considered for a type-rating conversion on the B777.

Pilots given type-rating conversion will be required to sign service bond with the Company.

These positions carry all inclusive average monthly remuneration packages of US$ 9,900 (equivalent QAR 36,100) for First Officers inclusive of housing allowance. Other benefits include Meal allowances, School fee subsidy for children and Loss of License/Medical/Group Life Insurances. All remuneration is TAX FREE.

Send your resume to [email protected]

Arthur Rodrigues
Recruitment Officer
Qatar Airways
Tel : +974 5836256
Fax : + 974 4496314

Oviously it's good someone is hiring these days and maybe things have changed, but before you jump on this take a trip to pprune.com and do a search on Qatar.

I do agree with you please do your research but don't belive everything negative on pprune, I also did the same when i joined them last year and its not bad at all as they said it was on pprun, Airline is growing every day so they are making changes and adjusting the moral every day. I get paid on time, Destinations are great, Fleet is youngest, Crews are great to fly with.

Hey Bull,
how is the training culture like?

what in your opinion are the negatives??

I have been through PPrune and cannot find anything good about either Doha or QR.
so am a bit confused and curious.
Thanks

Bull,

Is it true that the CEO is a tyrant and has real restrictive policies regarding contact with other crew memebers and uniform wearing? Not trying to slam just want some confirmation - I agree that Pprune gets a bit crazy and unbelievable at times... I realize that the Middle East is the Middle East and you shouldn't expect the culture to be like the US. With that said, certain things are more tolerable than others. If the CEO is a tyrant then conditions have to be excellent to make up for the volatility.

A few more questions for you: How do you like living in Doha? What is bidding like - can you bid for certain trips or do you get assigned trips? What about best and worst layovers for the A330?

Last edited:
Well training is easy if you guys have flown the CRJ or ERJ or any other narrow body jet for that matter its easier then that on the Airbus fleet. No oral on systems, No more building the aircraft before your check ride, Airbus Ops are very simple to follow, no manuvers to practice other then just demos what are all the autmation and protections Airbus can do. For check simple approaches and hold and V1 cut and go arounds etc. Nothing crazy i can think of. They don't bring people here to flush them infact they gave one guy 11 months in training if you read pprune you would learn more, they really work with you. Nothing is in fast pase here, you start your basic pay as soon as you get your ID and then sit back and let them build your roaster for training and it may take 2 months or may take 4 months depeding on sim slots. Everyone is nice and willing to help, best help I ever got was from fellow pilots already ahead of me and flying the line. Now training culture is not what I was used to in states, mentality here is a bit different they don't watch what they say sometimes, they can be too direct and that might come accross as rude or looking down on you. I found most instructors strugling to show you how much they know, if you know what I mean. Over all not bad but its improving a lot and have made many changes to training department with new instructors and check airmen.
Look a lot of people will complain and say negative things about this outfit and managment but at the end of the day you have to look at what is best for you and how you can adjust yourself to this, I came from right seat CRJ to A-330 right seat, I can't imagine of possibly flying this in states, maybe 15 years from now and that depends on the cycle. Yes it might be lil hard for guys who are married but then we have many american, canadian families here also doing just fine. I guess its up to the individual what fits you and your family the most. Like any other airline we also have pilots who are not happy and they vent on pprune. Again I think if anyone who can accept the change and challenge from Commuter CRJ flying to this job, it is a big gain in expirence and savings at the end.

Doha is developing and infact CEO has done alot in this airline it used to be nothing 7 years back. Same goes for the city he has some role in travel and tourism aswell. Doha is in same foot prints of Dubai and in my opinion only 5 years behind. Both the City and Airline are developing rapidly, construction every where. Anyhow these are growing pains I belive it will take some time before it will catch up to Dubai atleast thats what the plan is. Good thing going for Qatar is that they have loads of money, country is rich compare to Dubai. Qatar has Gas, Oil and largest USA base to protect. Dubai mostly tourism. With all the construction going rent is crazy but if you live in company housing it works out good. I can't think of anything else to write but please do your home work before you join and talk to more pilots that might help.

Bull, thanks for the imput. I was invited for an assessment in Miami for the A320. Needed some info from a non-pprune source. Got an invitation from Gulf Air as well. Know anything about them?
Thanks and blue skies!

Latest resources

Back