• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Q400 Rates on the horizon for SkyWest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Exactly! Skywest can just pay the pilots Horizon +10% without "negotiating" with sapa or putting anything to vote.

We voted down the first new pay agreement offered last year and they came back with a better one which we approved. We both have contracts. The only difference is that we cant legally go on strike.

I think Skywest got these airplane because we operate a much larger fleet of CRJs than Horizon did so Skywest can get a prices on parts, overhauls, etc. I don't think it has anything to do with pilot pay.

I for one would rather see the airplanes stay at Horizon. Skywest will be at the other end of this one day. We should all be working on our exit strategy.

Cheers,
Scott

No, we don't need a dispatcher telling us how to vote.

Here is the thing, bigSix... I support our pilots 100%. If they voted to unionize, more power to them (literally)... I dont feel that the dispatchers job is to fight the pilot, I am one who feels my job is to support you all. If you need anything, I will bend over backwards to see it gets done. Its a waste of my time to argue with crews over fuel, etc. (it pisses me off when i hear otherd do it). If you call and ask for more gas, my answer is always, "sure how much would you like me to tell them to put on, and would you like a new release?".

We have been on the other end of this... Lost our Midwest flying when Republic bought them. Lost our EMB120 IAH flying... ASA/ Mesaba and Express Jet Came into SLC several times and lowered our block hours... Eagle took Delta LAX flying via a codeshare years back that we were doing on the E120.. It will always continue.. no one is safe...

We have been on the other end of this... Lost our Midwest flying when Republic bought them. Lost our EMB120 IAH flying... ASA/ Mesaba and Express Jet Came into SLC several times and lowered our block hours... Eagle took Delta LAX flying via a codeshare years back that we were doing on the E120.. It will always continue.. no one is safe...

Your Midwest flying, huh?

We voted down the first new pay agreement offered last year and they came back with a better one which we approved. We both have contracts. The only difference is that we cant legally go on strike.

I think Skywest got these airplane because we operate a much larger fleet of CRJs than Horizon did so Skywest can get a prices on parts, overhauls, etc. I don't think it has anything to do with pilot pay.

I for one would rather see the airplanes stay at Horizon. Skywest will be at the other end of this one day. We should all be working on our exit strategy.

Cheers,
Scott

Who signed on behalf of the pilots? Did anyone sign a contract? Who signs the contract when its amended? Or does anyone even sign anything every time its changed? Can Skywest give you a raise without anyone signing the contract? Who is the final arbitrator is a dispute resolution? If it is any of the supposed signatories to the contract, then it's not a contract.

If pay wasn't an issue, then why wouldn't they just give you a "contract" with industry leading pay? Especially since they have this economy of scale you talk about.

Kool-Aid must be thicker than blood at Skywest.

Last edited:
Who signed on behalf of the pilots? Did anyone sign a contract? Who signs the contract when its amended? Or does anyone even sign anything every time its changed? Can Skywest give you a raise without anyone signing the contract? Who is the final arbitrator is a dispute resolution? If it is any of the supposed signatories to the contract, then it's not a contract.

If pay wasn't an issue, then why wouldn't they just give you a "contract" with industry leading pay? Especially since they have this economy of scale you talk about.

Kool-Aid must be thicker than blood at Skywest.

Worry about the crooks you have as your mec chairmen, before you worry about skywest.

Nevets,
Is there EVER going to be a point where you just worry about "skyeast" and not how to put down us at skywest? From our pay, ASAP program to who signs our "policy" changes.

If you really want to know full details, get a hold of your mec and they can contact sapa and get you all your questions officially answered.
How much of your god complex do u need to prove when you come on here and bash the sky west pilot group. What would you complain about if we did vote in a union?

We do have a backed and protected ASAP program. If u question it contact your MEC to ask sapa for proof.
We have a executive board that has reps from pilots, fa, mx, mgmt and CSA that signs off on policy changes
Sky west CAN NOT change our pay raise or cut (especially new hire) unless it's voted on and passed by the pilots.

Seriously your mind is already made up that we are an inferior group of pilots and if you need your daily fix to blast us continuously, fine, but when someone posts what you are saying is false, like the ASAPs, if u need something official for your ego, contact sap a thru alpa. We all have an open dialog between the INC pilot groups.

It's signed by MM (or other SAPA pres) and KB and not countersigned by an overpaid lackey in VA. All answers point to yes...except final arbitrator: I suppose the final arbitrator for NevJets' contract is actually a disinterested appointed arbitrator--who may actually rule against you.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back