• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Put Down The Laptops and Fly the Plane NWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wasn't there and incident with SWA pilots getting naked in cockpit or something? No surprisingly. Only two things come from Texas

Yeah. They "spilled coffee on their uniforms" and stripped to their boxers, then called the FA up front. FA sued. Didn't find it funny.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,626098,00.html

Pilots Lose Jobs for Losing Uniforms

Southwest Airlines apparently doesn't think it's funny that two pilots were in the cockpit flying nearly nude during a flight, so the company fired them.

By Stephen M. Silverman
Originally posted Monday April 28, 2003 07:36 AM EDT
Talk about your friendly skies.

Two nearly naked Southwest Airlines pilots were recently fired after they reportedly took off all or part of their clothes in the cockpit while flying -- and then summoned a flight attendant to bring them paper towels and soda water.

"We conducted a thorough investigation and terminated the two pilots involved for inappropriate conduct," Southwest Airlines spokeswoman Ginger Hardage tells the Associated Press.

The pilots -- who have not been named, nor their flight numbers released -- have reportedly appealed their firings, arguing that they were flying that way after one of them had spilled coffee on a uniform.

That still doesn't explain why the second pilot followed suit.

As recalled by New York's Daily News, when the low-budget Southwest first took to the air in 1971, one of its selling points was that the flight crew showed a little skin. Flight attendants wore hot pants -- the females, at least.

But generally, Southwest pilots have always worn uniforms.

Last edited:
WOW. How could something like that not make Herb proud! Did they get their jobs back?

Life has gotten too serious because of lawyers. I wish I were living in a long gone era in this sinking Country of ours. We've become too litigious of a society.

Get this - There's a trendy upscale night spot in lower Manhattan calle the Greenhouse which is notorious for a door snobs who gatekeep the ropes. Apprarently a group of Black girls weren't let in and sued for racial discrimination. How much you ask? $1 BILLION dolllars. I kid you not. A few weeks later, another group of Blacks vlaimed to have not been let in for the same reason and are suing for $1.5 BILLION dollars.

$1 billion dollar lawsuit:
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/race_suit_vs_soho_club_pqpR0n8kxICOkbk7ZFMlAL

$1.5 billion dollar lawsuit:
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2009/10/27/2009-10-27_another_race_suit_vs_soho_club.html

These types of places have traditionally excluded many differnt types of people based on their style and class. Blacks have been admitted inside plenty in the past and the club is actually owned by Black partners too.

I find him to be humorous and quite entertaining, but then again, I'm quite juvenille for my age, admittedly. Just put him on your ignore list if it bothers you that much or just don't respond to him. We all know he's full of sarcasm and precisely why you shouldn't take him seriously. Getting visibly angry only upsets yourself and provides enjoyment for him. No one really thinks these insults apply to you personally. Just jab back. If you're getting offended on this (or any board) board, that's a bad sign.

Are you kidding me? I'm an aussie, mate... NOTHING offends me :D

The guy just couldn't take the hint and so I thought I'd have the mods give him a "timeout" for a few days just to preserve my sanity...

Apparently it worked because I haven't seen him or his posts for a couple of days now.....

Just read an article in the Wall St. Journal that said the "FO was in a frolic" during the incident..what does this mean??

Latest resources

Back