• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pure rumor about Pinnacle.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, you got a point. I think I'd agree with that. At 41.10/hr this year as a FO, or, $61 as a Captain had 9E not merged, nor gotten the new (XJ) contract. I'll take the latter. This year, I'd make more money under the old contract simply for moving up to the left seat. Now, that movement has been blockaded to allow other 9L and XJ pilots in.

Why not get paid $50 bucks an hour as a CA, maybe we'll get you that upgrade faster? Better yet, $41.20 - no no no, get $30 an hour, and we'll get you that upgrade tomorrow!

What timeframe are you looking at for that lightswitch to go off on your head? Will it be a few years down the line, or only once you are at a mainline carrier? Once you are at the next step, will your desire for a profession start right then, or only after a few years or big enough equipment or what?

Why not get paid $50 bucks an hour as a CA, maybe we'll get you that upgrade faster? Better yet, $41.20 - no no no, get $30 an hour, and we'll get you that upgrade tomorrow!

What timeframe are you looking at for that lightswitch to go off on your head? Will it be a few years down the line, or only once you are at a mainline carrier? Once you are at the next step, will your desire for a profession start right then, or only after a few years or big enough equipment or what?

I'm not proposing undercutting others. I'll leave that to management. But I am being honest. Had Pinnacle been standalone, we would not take any hits/penalties from XJ's parking Saab fleet. Now, not only did we merge the airlines and the list, we are being penalized by horrendous ratios due to our staffing problems of Summer 2010. I went from being about 110 numbers from upgrade to about 300+ numbers away with ratio restrictions which realistically will push that even further. You're trying to sell me the merger and the new contract as I'm getting paid far greater as a FO, for the next 2 years minimum I'll be a FO? Why would I want that? Pinnacle standalone would have netted an upgrade this year, along with a corresponding upgrade which would equate to a higher payrate, and certainly higher than our current FOs under the new contract. That the cold hard truth. You went off on some tangent about undercutting others for an upgrade or something, that is totally irrelevant. I had no vote on the merger. If it was up to me, I'd vote no and keep Pinnacle standalone. As altimaklr said, what's done is done, nothing can change it.

Screw it dude, like xjhawk, I'm working 100% on trying to get the **** outta here.

I'm not proposing undercutting others. I'll leave that to management. But I am being honest. Had Pinnacle been standalone, we would not take any hits/penalties from XJ's parking Saab fleet. Now, not only did we merge the airlines and the list, we are being penalized by horrendous ratios due to our staffing problems of Summer 2010. I went from being about 110 numbers from upgrade to about 300+ numbers away with ratio restrictions which realistically will push that even further. You're trying to sell me the merger and the new contract as I'm getting paid far greater as a FO, for the next 2 years minimum I'll be a FO? Why would I want that? Pinnacle standalone would have netted an upgrade this year, along with a corresponding upgrade which would equate to a higher payrate, and certainly higher than our current FOs under the new contract. That the cold hard truth. You went off on some tangent about undercutting others for an upgrade or something, that is totally irrelevant. I had no vote on the merger. If it was up to me, I'd vote no and keep Pinnacle standalone. As altimaklr said, what's done is done, nothing can change it.

Screw it dude, like xjhawk, I'm working 100% on trying to get the **** outta here.

If you feel so strongly about the quick upgrade, why didn't you go to Colgan instead of Pinnacle then? You say you don't want to undercut anyone, but the rest of your post is exactly that. You would take less money (if you had a vote) in order to upgrade faster. I understand where you are coming from, but you paint Pinnacle as this rosey fantastic place to work prior to the merger, which certainly wasn't the case (from what I hear and see now). Whether you like it or not, I am sure even more 200's would have been lost to poor performance, you would be getting junior manned all over the place, and you wouldn't have ever had the opportunity to upgrade into the 900 in your current base. Not only that, you probably would have had to strike to get a new contract which is a loss in pay right there.

If you feel so strongly about the quick upgrade, why didn't you go to Colgan instead of Pinnacle then?
I applied to both, Pinnacle called first and hired me. Ironically, had I gone to Colgan in 2007, I would have been much higher on the seniority list now. Even more ironically, starting at Pinnacle in 2007, then quitting 6 months later to go to Colgan in 2008 and starting there would have still net me a higher position on the seniority list than what I got now.

You say you don't want to undercut anyone, but the rest of your post is exactly that. You would take less money (if you had a vote) in order to upgrade faster.
This isn't about taking less money. All I said was I was ok with the old standalone Pinnacle, with our old CBA, while we fought for TA#2. Those conditions to me, back then, were fine. And make no mistake, I would be making more in 6 months from now under the old Pinnacle and old Pinnacle contract than I will 6 months from now as (still) a FO. Besides, I had tons of other reasons for wanting to vote no to this merger, things like XJ being a super-senior group, XJ Saabs being parked, etc.

I understand where you are coming from, but you paint Pinnacle as this rosey fantastic place to work prior to the merger, which certainly wasn't the case (from what I hear and see now). Whether you like it or not, I am sure even more 200's would have been lost to poor performance, you would be getting junior manned all over the place, and you wouldn't have ever had the opportunity to upgrade into the 900 in your current base. Not only that, you probably would have had to strike to get a new contract which is a loss in pay right there.

Pinnacle wasn't a rosey place, however, when I started, we had tons of movement and constant attrition. No one was on reserve for anything more than a couple months, and upgrades and movement was constant. There were times I had several CAs junior to me because they had the time. I take issue with your statement of me upgrading intoa 900 into my current base. You make it sound like that is a possibility now, since that is what your airline brought to this merger. Lets be clear: no Pinnacle pilot will be upgarding into the CRJ900 for quite some time to come. The fences are HORRIBLE, and the 900 is a senior plane due to more money. Please do not try and sell me this me this merger by telling me I can bid a 900 position in my base. As for your last comment, strike?! LMAO! You wish. We were close to being released into self-help (a path that would head straight into a strike), but certain union member caved and in the end we got TA#1. I can't say much for the new union leaders at Pinnacle, but I can tell you the past leaders, the good ol' Memphis boys club, would say they fight for the pilot group, but secretly ensured that a strike never happen. They are tied to this company for life, and a strike would be financially unbearable. No, a strike was not within reach from 2005 to 2010.

Latest resources

Back