• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pure rumor about Pinnacle.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This "rumor/threat" of bankruptcy reminds me a lot of Comair's first push for concessions in 2002 shortly after signing their "windfall" contract. Gotta love management in the regionals. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I really hope you all don't fall for it.

Sounds plausible. I could see it coming and called it beforehand. I've said time and time again that Pinnacle would get screwed in this merger. With Mesaba continuing to shrink, EAS flying headed out the window, Saabs hitting the sand parking lot, Pinnacle Holdings cannot continue to make $$$$$ based on the massive downsizing. And what did we Pinnacle guys get? A "great" contract according to the arbitrator, "upwards of 24% average pay increase." Pinnacle's future would have been far better stand-alone. Our new contract isn't something to be too proud of. Pilots at Eagle, ASA, and XJT all make more than I do at my seat/year on same quipment. Pinnacle had a great amount of hiring and upgrading since July 2010. Now, Colgan and Mesaba will dip their hands into that cookie jar. I don't think a 9E pilot will upgrade in a 900 for quite a long time. The ratios screwed over Pinnacle pilots 100%, based on 5.41 Captains on the CRJ-200 per plane.

This merger sucked, our list sucks, our ratios suck. I, for one, can't wait to get the **** outta here.

Did you have to go to school to get this dumb?

Do none of you people know how to read a 10-Q?

Most of the people on this board can't be bothered to read outside the message boards.

Reference the sign off below ----------->

Feel free to read the last quarterly earnings report. Pinnacle is making a profit, has cash, most of the debt has been renegotiated at good rates. New CEO/CFO joined in the last two months who are both respected guys from Frontier who probably wouldn't have come if they knew the company was sinking.

Most of the expense of the new contract and JFK move is being paid for by DELTA. Saab flying will eventually come to an end but hiring will pick up at the majors soon, and in anycase 350 pilots could easily be absorbed into the jet system. This is a ridiculous rumor.

Nothing was dumb, most of the posted info was extracted from the award itself.

Oh I have no argument with the quoted text. My concerns concentrate on your continued negativity toward the contract. The sarcastic chastizing of Blochs view, award, and sequent fences simply says to the reader, "This guy thought we got a great deal on the pay and a fair shake on the SLI, but I think he's wrong and my life is ending due to the fences." Step away from the window ledge, you're going to make it, everything will be ok!

Even more embarassing is your complaint about other airlines getting paid more than you for your seat and equipment. Everyone was paid more than you until this contract. It was not an issue when you were hired obviously, Saab FO's at Mesaba made more than you too. I am forced to reason that you would rather get your old contract back if it meant you could upgrade a little faster

The majority of pilots at Pinnacle can't possibly agree with this reasoning can they?

This rumor was started by a few 9e flight attendants in MSP, the company is playing the " were too broke to give you a better contract" card. It appears that its working.

Hey flyer1015 I must say there are a bunch of Mesaba pilots hired late 2000-early 2004 who were screwed way more than you. Guess what? I did not get a pay raise in the contract, my reserve rules and usage got worse thanks to 9E's verbage and usage. Oh and thanks to the wonderful Mr Bloch not taking into account the movement of Mesaba list because of the flow me and those mentioned were screwed about 500-600 numbers. This in essence takes away any future bidding I would have in the jet to get a decent schedule or Domicile in the next ten years (5 for sure). If this would not have happened (merger), I would have remained a MSP jet captain with maybe a slight bump to FO for a short while and I would have moved to better than top 1/4 in the company. Now I am just above half.....I will say it again, I am just above half way up the list! I went from 390's to the 1250's! WTF! I am trying to look beyond this and in no way hold Colgan or 9E pilots responsible nor will treat them with anything with anything other than respect and as a fellow pilot at the same company. Lets come together and look forward....I am trying to put a positive spin on this (I hope the need for jet pilots can absorb the saabs leaving) and I will say I am actively looking for another job....please lets see some hiring.

I am forced to reason that you would rather get your old contract back if it meant you could upgrade a little faster

The majority of pilots at Pinnacle can't possibly agree with this reasoning can they?

Well, you got a point. I think I'd agree with that. At 41.10/hr this year as a FO, or, $61 as a Captain had 9E not merged, nor gotten the new (XJ) contract. I'll take the latter. This year, I'd make more money under the old contract simply for moving up to the left seat. Now, that movement has been blockaded to allow other 9L and XJ pilots in.

Hey flyer1015 I must say there are a bunch of Mesaba pilots hired late 2000-early 2004 who were screwed way more than you. Guess what? I did not get a pay raise in the contract, my reserve rules and usage got worse thanks to 9E's verbage and usage. Oh and thanks to the wonderful Mr Bloch not taking into account the movement of Mesaba list because of the flow me and those mentioned were screwed about 500-600 numbers. This in essence takes away any future bidding I would have in the jet to get a decent schedule or Domicile in the next ten years (5 for sure). If this would not have happened (merger), I would have remained a MSP jet captain with maybe a slight bump to FO for a short while and I would have moved to better than top 1/4 in the company. Now I am just above half.....I will say it again, I am just above half way up the list! I went from 390's to the 1250's! WTF! I am trying to look beyond this and in no way hold Colgan or 9E pilots responsible nor will treat them with anything with anything other than respect and as a fellow pilot at the same company. Lets come together and look forward....I am trying to put a positive spin on this (I hope the need for jet pilots can absorb the saabs leaving) and I will say I am actively looking for another job....please lets see some hiring.
I'd agree to that. First 272 XJ guys made out great, the next 100 were ok, but if you were #371 or beyond, ya got kinda hosed.

Latest resources

Back