Purdy Neat - Worth the $$?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Purdy Neat

I vote for the Luggageworks. It's what the majority or pilots use for a reason. I got the Stealth NG. It holds plenty for a 4 day trip.

Pilots buy the PNT bag so they can look cool. A Costco bag isn't as cool. But it is a better buy.

I must be the only one that has had a bad experience with PN. I can't stand mine. I got it at the Stopoverstore and thought that they would fix it free of charge if it was damaged....think again. I had mine only 4 months before the luggage tag (on the bottom) ripped half off. A couple months later the handle stopped retracting. For the next year I had to kick the bottom of the bag while holding the button in order to get the handle to drop. Within the first six months all of the screws holding the fabric to the frame broke off. I took it in finally after 2 years to get it fixed and the guy told me he would have to rebuild the entire frame and handle assembly....cost 100.00 dollars!! I would get a cheap bag, I bet it will last longer. And if you get a PN...DO NOT get the cheaper plastic one. I got the plastic because it was lighter....but there is a reason for that....it's a piece of garbage! Just my two cents!

My PNT went through NWA's MSP baggage smasher. I was actually impressed, you could see where they'd stabbed it with a forklift, before running it over, then using it to cushion the other bags that were thrown on it, during a rainstorm. I never thought of stabbing a bag with a forklift when I was a ramper.

To it's credit, the bag held the contents.

The PNT bag also separates the corporate pilots from the airline pilots. They're not allowed to use such a macho drag bag. :laugh:

I took my Costco bag back when the handle broke, and the chick there said I needed the original receipt, card it was charged to, and needed to return it to the store where I bought it. I only had a very faded receipt, was not at the store I bought it at, and the card I originally charged it to I don't have anymore. they told me tough luck.

I just took back a 4 year old stainless BBQ that cost near a grand. They took it back w/ no questions and actually paid me to use it (sales tax increased.) Their BBQ's are JUNK!! Check out www.traegergrills.com UNREAL performance!!

As for the bags....I sent my PNS back to the factory for a new zipper and minor work and it cost close to $100. After it fails again I'll be going with Costco FOR SURE!!!!

Baja.

It's funny that everybody with a PNT bag says it's going strong but then admit the've had many repairs on it. Which is it? Going strong, or, needs to be sent away for repairs every several years?
I bought an AT bag 10 years ago for ~$70. After 5years I exchanged it free of charge for a new one under warranty. It's getting a little ratty and might get exchanged pretty soon. It weighs less than a PNT bag and I have a lot less money invested in it. $300-$70=$230. Invest that $230 into any good stock and you'll come out way ahead.

Latest resources

Back