• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Punk rock pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yeah, it was the Recipe For Hate tour, well Green Day shows nowdays are a good place to check out girls, thousands of them! at their show here in Mexico i even saw little girls with bodyguards,somehow the pop punk explosion hit big with uppers class kids worldwide i think....since you live in Denver are u friends with the guys from Descendents? they live in Boulder i think

Fernando said:
yeah, it was the Recipe For Hate tour, well Green Day shows nowdays are a good place to check out girls, thousands of them! at their show here in Mexico i even saw little girls with bodyguards,somehow the pop punk explosion hit big with uppers class kids worldwide i think....since you live in Denver are u friends with the guys from Descendents? they live in Boulder i think

Unfortunately I live in south Florida now, but some of the former band members are in Ft. Collins (north of Denver). Milo is apparently a micro biology professor at the University of Wisconsin.

Yeah, it's just not the same when you show up to a show with a bunch of rich kids around. The girls are a lot hotter at the shows today, but they are down on personality. Where in Mexico was the GD show?

GREEN DAY played here in Monterrey (MTY) and Mexico City (MEX).
Hey guys, check out www.pandora.com its a great site,you type the name of a band, and they create a personal radio station for you, i typed The Queers and then ive been listening to "my station" for hours, theyre playing punk rock, one song after another, its a great free site! check it out, and you can use any computer later and your station or stations are there, nice to listen while at the FBO

Fernando said:
GREEN DAY played here in Monterrey (MTY) and Mexico City (MEX).
Hey guys, check out www.pandora.com its a great site,you type the name of a band, and they create a personal radio station for you, i typed The Queers and then ive been listening to "my station" for hours, theyre playing punk rock, one song after another, its a great free site! check it out, and you can use any computer later and your station or stations are there, nice to listen while at the FBO

Nice find Fernando! Thanks for the link.

Outstanding site Fernando... Sitting here in Seoul waiting to go home, and at least getting some good tunes.

I know Bad Religion's been mentioned a thousand times, but they're worth another mention. I remember seeing them and then hanging out with them in PIT in 90/91 time frame on the Against the Grain tour. My funky older cuz was a DJ with WXXP at the time (for those of us old enough to remember the "Double X" in PIT).

As for Lyric Quotes:
" We got into a car
Away we started rollin'
I said "How much you pay for this?"
She said "Nothing man, it's stolen"
Punk rock girl you look so wild
Punk rock girl let's have a child
We'll name her Minnie Pearl
Just you and me
Eating fudge banana swirl
Just you and me
We'll travel round the world
Just you and me punk rock girl..."

Talking about Bad Religion i just found out theyre playing Mexico City for the first time on January 13th, i hope i can make it.And i hope theres no riots! punk gis in Mexico City can get brutal sometimes, one dead guy at a GBH show like 13 years ago, and big riots on a recent MISFITS/DEAD KENNEDYS show where people stole the drum kit andeverything they could get their hands on, including all the beer that was being sold.Of course this happenes on shows that attract old school punks, not at shows of bands like Blink182 or New Found Glory.

I already saw Bad Religion once, in Miami,they were opening for uh, a...Blink 182.It was fun tho, i spent all the Blink 182 show with a cute 16 yr old girl on my shoulders (and she was wearing shorts!) Nice.

Oh, and Bad Andy, those are the lyrcis for DEAD MILKMENs song, thats a pretty good song!

and Againt The Grain is such a GREAT record!

All my clothing needs were met by punk concerts in the '80's.

Winamp is going like this as I type:

Make a God of useless drivel, sew it at the seams, flow it down the river where the sewage is the sea.
His body is upon the wall, his teeth are sharp and white; he cut his teeth on razorblades and out of him came stupid light, that's Flowers!

Such a happy song, thanks Furs!

My first post, but felt it was appropriate: The bassist for Screeching Weasel was my Italian professor. Cool as hell guy. Came up to me on the first day of class because I had a fall out boy shirt (this was in '03 before they became such corporate whores) and we started talking old-school pop-punk. I didn't find out he was the bassist until after I was done with the class, but he also produced a bunch of The Queers' albums, is good friends with Kris Roe of the Ataris and all that fun stuff.

sandman2122 said:
I'm partial to Social Distortion....

Rockin'... errr "Gamblin' with souls since '79"

Mike Ness and Social D tops my list!

oh yea,
FEAR, Circle Jerks, DK, Big Boy's, MDC, Germs, DOA, DRI, Angry Samoans,
Exploited, Husker Du, Agnostic Front, UK Subs, Minor Threat, Teen Idols....
........COC......Tales of Terror.....Suicidal T.... ahhh memories

Latest resources

Back