• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Puerto Vallarta Arrival Procedures

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you have never been to PVR before make sure you look at the VOR approach a couple of times. The intersection TOERO? can be deceiving, its kinda tucked up in the corner and the scale distance doesnt quite jive.
I thought I was the only one confused about TOREO(sp?):confused: IIRC, you have to look at both the area chart and the IAP plate to figure out exactly how far away it is from TNY or PVR.

On departue, you will proabaly get the dep that goes out over the water and makes a procedure turn to come back over the airport VOR. Its a nice lazy turn and you get a good view of the resort area. You can ask for a visual climb on course so you wont have to do the entire turn but I dont know if they will give to private a/c. If you are like me, the first thing I am asking for is direct to anywhere. PVR is usually accomidating...if memory serves they will give you at least direct to Tepic.
I always asked for direct TNY and received it as soon as I was at or above the crossing altitude for PVR.

Listen carefully to the approach clearence...VOR DME 1/2 or 3 for RWY4. My first time all I heard was VOR/DME RWY 4 and not the following number.

Cokes and Diet Cokes go along way

Goodluck!.

If you are on an IFR flight plan, they handle closing it.

Dont forget to go across the street to the Blue Marlin and get some fish or shrimp buritos

Latest resources

Back