Pucker Factor Scales?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Soooooo, this was a return trip?

It is not a delivery of a new van (2002 Model S/N).

And just days after an engine out on another van in MI?

Sorry, No island hopping 'wannabe' 121 outfit pays enough for a line crew to make that flight.

Revenue 135 or not, how does an operator comply with the flight/duty day like that? "Unless otherwise approved by the administrator..."?

100-1/2

Soooooo, this was a return trip?

It is not a delivery of a new van (2002 Model S/N).

And just days after an engine out on another van in MI?

Sorry, No island hopping 'wannabe' 121 outfit pays enough for a line crew to make that flight.

Revenue 135 or not, how does an operator comply with the flight/duty day like that? "Unless otherwise approved by the administrator..."?

100-1/2

Heavy crew it, lol. Seriously though, this looks like a ferrying flight which would most likely be conducted under 91. No flight and duty requirements to comply with.

My personal record in a Van is 5 hr.
13 hr?! Oh HELLLLLL NO!!

CE
Mine was 5 hrs 36 min, PDX-PHX then I did it again the next day 5 hrs 36 min. PHX-PDX. All you need is a few sanwiches and bottles of H2o to fill back up.

Is that our NW Pilot?

A man would be advised to bring along a parachute.

I've got a friend who ferried a twotter fro Australia. He said if one quit he would have just pressed forward on the yoke. "Maybe they would find you after a day, maybe they wouldn't"[/quote]
In a twotter you got two turning.

ferried a DC3 OAK-HNL a few years back,14.5 hrs,but we had 2 engines,3 crew, and could walk around a bit to stretch our legs,that guy,or girl had their work cut out for them with that sorte. God bless em !

Had a lady ferry pilot bring one from Hayward to Kahului, Maui several years ago to Pacific Wings.

She was 14.5 hours. Had 3 aux tanks in the fuselage for 5,000 lbs total fuel.

Darn thing sheared it's scavenge pump drive shaft shortly after we put it in service, pilots had to do a turnback and land on another island since the engine pissed all the oil overboard.

I was thinking that God was looking out for the lady on her trans pacific flight.

Back in around 1995 did a C-208 ferry flight from KOAK to WMKK (Kuala Lumpur) via PHNL (Honolulu), PKMJ (Majaro) and PTRO (Palau). It was a brand new aircraft being delivered to the Malaysian Police Force

Ran through a bunch of WX on the first leg and landed in PHNL with the low fuel warning horns going off during turns.

Aircraft was tanked with auxiliary aluminum tanks.

It was a fun trip!

My personal record in a Van is 5 hr.
13 hr?! Oh HELLLLLL NO!!

CE

I did 13 once in a Piper Warrior to Iceland. Going over the pacific, with a PT-6, has a lot less pucker factor than going over the north atlantic with an O-320.

Most ferry flights like that, are single engine piston.

Latest resources

Back