PSA's back with A319s...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
blzr said:
Leave it to U.S. Airways to destroy perfectly good airlines. PSA, Allegheny, Piedmont. All murdered by Airways. Is america west next? We'll see.

Actually, Allegheny was the predecessor to US Airways. However they did have a merger with Mohawk airlines.

Allegheney changed their name to US Air after deregulation since they had now started flying out of their old Ohio valley markets and were now going to exotic places like LAX and SFO.

Now, US Air did have mergers with PSA and Piedmont and the old Eastern/Trump Shuttle. And, yes you are correct in that those mergers were badly handled from an employee standpoint.

the arrogant US Air management never thought that they had to have the "buy in" from the aquired employees. They figured all they had to do was say, "We bought you...you didn't buy us", and that would be the end of it. Even if the employee had a better idea or if it would save the company money....if you weren't management, there was no way one could have a good idea. Just ask Stephen Wolf.

Today's US Airways only has one VP from the old US Airways....maybe thats why the employees have such a better outlook....it's all AWA management calling the shots and <horrors> communicating with the employees, making them think that they are part of the team....Dave Siegel/Stephen Wolf/Rakesh Gangwal/"Butch" Schofield/Ed Colodny would've never done it this way.

Tejas

http://www.catchoursmile.com/debbie.jpg

Not bad, although these days women that age are going to be grandkids of flight attendents, and not the flight attendants, that work at airlines now. Darn EEO :)

"Would you like some coffee, tea, or how about even some prune juice and geritol cocktail from my personal stash?".

Last edited:
I definitely think it's a great gesture. I grew up under the approach path for runway 8 at BUR. I saw more PSA & AirCal aircraft than anything else. Nice to see a classic scheme airborne again. As cool as it is, it would've been cooler if they would've ditched the US Air titles and done PSA on everything. JMHO.

Master Shake said:
I definitely think it's a great gesture. I grew up under the approach path for runway 8 at BUR. I saw more PSA & AirCal aircraft than anything else. Nice to see a classic scheme airborne again. As cool as it is, it would've been cooler if they would've ditched the US Air titles and done PSA on everything. JMHO.
SFV representin', yo!

Ahem...

We must have grown up right near each other. I also remember Hughes Airwest's "banana jets" flying overhead.

http://www.hughesairwest.com/SundanceKids-1.jpg

At any rate, it's good to see a "smile jet" flying again!!

How bout while we are reviving the past we bring back Braniff and the Dulles to DFW Concorde flights.

FlyBarneyJets said:
SFV representin', yo!

We must have grown up right near each other.

Nordhoff & Woodley across the street from the James Monroe High School. I also remember seeing CV-880s flying into VNY in 81 & 82.

Master Shake said:
Nordhoff & Woodley across the street from the James Monroe High School. I also remember seeing CV-880s flying into VNY in 81 & 82.

Grew up near Nordhoff and Wilbur. Still live in the Valley, though I'm not sure I'll be able to stand staying here more than just a few more years.

Latest resources

Back