• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA's back with A319s...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That looks really good (right down to the PS tail number). However, the smile still looked better on the 80s and 727s.

What a waste of money!!! US has pilots on the street and their playing "musical paint jobs". Aholes

What a waste of money!!! US has pilots on the street and their playing "musical paint jobs". Aholes

Lame! 55 recalled, more to come. Its a new plane, got to paint it somehow.

Nice. I'll bet PSA is now the only regional airline to have its logo displayed on the tail of its mainline partner. :)

Lol... Piedmont and Allhegeny to follow, not sure when. I like it, its a nice gesture to the history of this airline.

I like it (my dad flew for PSA, back in the 20th century). I'm all for any airline honoring its own history.

The colors look off to me, though -- maybe it's just my screen.

That is a good site, boost. I noticed in their Guest Book that the retro PSA plane will go to San Diego this week. That'll make a few folks all teary-eyed.

I just can't believe that USAir did away with the smile or that no one has used one since. Maybe it was growing up around aviation in Southern Cal, but airplanes with a smile still make me do the same. I can't tell you how many times I have heard the comment "It is too bad that USAir was not bought by PSA (or Piedmont for that matter) instead of the other way around.
PSA was great though I am still partial to another SoCal Airline based out of John Wayne Orange County and now part of AA. Anybody remember AirCal?

And a link to a good article.
http://www.dvorak.org/blog/essays/alaskan.html

Leave it to U.S. Airways to destroy perfectly good airlines. PSA, Allegheny, Piedmont. All murdered by Airways. Is america west next? We'll see.

Latest resources

Back