PSA(unbelievable!!)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PunchTheClown said:
1) The J4J's. They all get slotted and if you didnt know this, the first 10 900's that come on line would be staffed ONLY by JJ's.

Actually, that's not correct but I see your point. It's based on % of fleet.

im sure RP and or Mesa pilots would be throwing banana peels in front of EVERYONE to get those planes........

lookin4better said:
im sure RP and or Mesa pilots would be throwing banana peels in front of EVERYONE to get those planes........

I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but I think you gotta give the Mesa pilots a little more credit than that. I used to jumpseat all the time on them when the ERJs were in CLT. Not one guy I talked to was happy about their company and all wanted change.

OPECJet said:
I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but I think you gotta give the Mesa pilots a little more credit than that. I used to jumpseat all the time on them when the ERJs were in CLT. Not one guy I talked to was happy about their company and all wanted change.

Unfortunately, it seems everytime the opportunity to stop the race with their actions, all the talking in the world goes away very quickly. Its really easy to talk smack, much harder to put in that vote that actually carries a little risk. Who know maybe the next vote will be a change

FR8mastr said:
Unfortunately, it seems everytime the opportunity to stop the race with their actions, all the talking in the world goes away very quickly. Its really easy to talk smack, much harder to put in that vote that actually carries a little risk. Who know maybe the next vote will be a change

"everytime the opportunity" - list them - list exactly how many opportunities the Mesa pilots have had to change the contract?

They had one opportunity, when it got voted in, and whether you agree with the history or not, everybody who is flying at a company that DOESN'T have an alter-ego non-union airline running alongside them owes the Mesa pilots a vote of thanks. Ask TSA how that's going for them!

Not everything in the regional pilot world is Mesa's fault. A lot of it is, but not all of it :)

lookin4better said:

Why? Believe me, the pilots at Mesa have all the flying they can handle for now. The COMPANY might be throwing things to get the flying, but I doubt the pilots are.

Uhmm...CFI'r. where ya been??? Isn't Ornstein the inventer of PFD idea, along with then filling the ranks with low time pilots eager to fly a jet? The chance you had was to not go there, but alas, fly a jet and a quick upgrade was too enticing??? Then they get there, and they are unhappy, go figure.

I'd like PUnch to clarify what he meant to. My understanding is Growth Aircraft means simply 50% of those seats come available to J4J. That's one issue.

The 2nd would be the slotting, which is based on the ratio of 70+ seats to 50 seaters. 100% slotting would occur when the 20th 900 shows up, equaling 35 200's 34 70+. Or about 18months down the road. But the increase in lines would probably increase faster then the slotting, so it would prob. still net out to a increase in line holders all the way around... Approx. numbers, 20 a/c, 80 lines increased. If no other J4J's come, then only about 35-40 guys left to be slotted. Currently 60 acitve J4J's ...20something slotted.

If all the possible new J4J slots filled. approx. 40 pilots. Looks like, if they are all slotted they come in holding a line, but 40 more PSA guys would hold lines too. Could be wrong, but just doing some quick figure, whereas the first 10 900's won't be completely staffed J4J....dunno where you got that.

Last edited:
Crzipilot said:
Uhmm...CFI'r. where ya been??? Isn't Ornstein the inventer of PFD idea, along with then filling the ranks with low time pilots eager to fly a jet? The chance you had was to not go there, but alas, fly a jet and a quick upgrade was too enticing??? Then they get there, and they are unhappy, go figure.

This is going to come as a horrible, horrible shock to you. I had other choices and I chose Mesa. And, possibly the worse thing anybody can say, I'm happy here.

You don't know why I chose Mesa - but to address your concerns. If assigned the Beech or the Dash I would have flown them, I wouldn't have been happy, but not because they're turbo-props, because of the bases. I can't hold upgrade, but even when I can hold upgrade it's likely I won't immediately bid it.

What are your other reasons I came to Mesa then, we'll see if we can refute them?

CFIse said:
This is going to come as a horrible, horrible shock to you. I had other choices and I chose Mesa. And, possibly the worse thing anybody can say, I'm happy here.

You don't know why I chose Mesa - but to address your concerns. If assigned the Beech or the Dash I would have flown them, I wouldn't have been happy, but not because they're turbo-props, because of the bases. I can't hold upgrade, but even when I can hold upgrade it's likely I won't immediately bid it.

What are your other reasons I came to Mesa then, we'll see if we can refute them?

Must be nice to come home to a home cooked meal after your 4-day. I wish I still lived at home, mom's really are the best cooks!

Latest resources

Back