• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA to furlough!?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"They have the right to bid for open positions".....this sounds like a displacement not a furlough.

Furlough?!?!?

No, this is not a furlough. PHL domicile closed, All FA's were offered pref. hiring at Air Wisc. or transfer to another base...All pilots were assigned to one of the other domiciles. The one "non Union Employee" was my old Ops Coord., She is from PHL and has a daughter and Family, She was offered a position elsewhere but declined. Air Wisc. would be wise to hire her...She could help with any problems that may need to be handled!

When Air Wisc. gets there, they'll understand.
PSACPSP

THE MEDIA NEVER BLOWS ANYTHING OUT OF PROPORTION! I BELIEVE EVERYTHING I READ THERE.

dollacrackho said:
psa chiefpilots want to chime in on this one ? some distressing articles to say the least.

These are just displacements from PHL closing as a crew base. PSA is still hiring...heard rumors (yes, rumors not announcements) that a bunch of hiring is about to happen. Regardless...put your damn resume in if you have the time, what have you got to lose? It's a great company to work for! FWIW

PSAChiefPilots said:
The one "non Union Employee" was my old Ops Coord., She is from PHL and has a daughter and Family, She was offered a position elsewhere but declined. Air Wisc. would be wise to hire her...She could help with any problems that may need to be handled!

When Air Wisc. gets there, they'll understand.

Is she competent and does she speak coherent English? Does she know how to operate a radio?
If so we won't be interested. As anyone who has dealt with our ops in ORD or IAD can attest, we'd much rather hire minimum wage McDonald's rejects!

"Aircwaft call'n Chacago, Wha choo Want!?"

So tell us newbies to Philly stories. Is it really so bad for delays?
I didn't mind bumping Mesa out at all, but I am sorry this has caused problems and moves to PSA folks.

S.

Beechnut said:

I didn't mind bumping Mesa out at all, but I am sorry this has caused problems and moves to PSA folks.

S.

Is Philly Bad? My friend, you can have PHL. Just yesterday, they were lined up 57 deep. 2 hours on the taxiway before they finally cancelled us.

It's also a Snoop Dog Convention on the ramp also.

Beechnut said:

I am Mesa (but not for much longer) and Philly really is that bad. Not only delays but cancelations too. in the last 5 weeks I had at least one or two cancelled turns. Last night it took 2 hours to reach the runway for take off. 4 weeks ago by day 3 on a 4 days trip we had logged 18 hours block and spent 6.5 in the air. A return to the gate can take 2 hours (one hour to make your way back towards the terminal and another hour to wait for a gate). 4 weeks ago somebody was playing circus music over ops frequency.

Buck

buckdanny said:
I am Mesa (but not for much longer) and Philly really is that bad. Not only delays but cancelations too. in the last 5 weeks I had at least one or two cancelled turns. Last night it took 2 hours to reach the runway for take off. 4 weeks ago by day 3 on a 4 days trip we had logged 18 hours block and spent 6.5 in the air. A return to the gate can take 2 hours (one hour to make your way back towards the terminal and another hour to wait for a gate). 4 weeks ago somebody was playing circus music over ops frequency.

Buck

What the problem- We get block or better+full pay for cancellation, I LOVE IT.

Yeah I got two words for that:
CHA CHING!

More important then delays, etc - can you get a good cheese steak in the airport?

Latest resources

Back