• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA to Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you realize how many airplanes your talking about CRJ? USAir cant even finance the ones they have an order now, and now you want to Drop all contract carriers? That would be many many cities to lose USAir service, which also means less feed. I would guess Mesa has 60jets, Tsa 15, CHQ, 30. Then add Mesa's B1900, Colgans 1900 and saabs. Thats alot of planes that USAir cant afford.

CRJDog said:
I would say it would be in the best interest of mama USAirways to drop codeshare agreements with carriers such as Mesa, Chautauqua and so on and give the flying to the wholly owned carriers and have the deliveries keep on coming. It seems pointless to have pilots on the street at the W/O's and have code share agreements with other airlines. I certainly hope those 44 will return soon.
Hey CRJDog did you hear PSA's and MDA's ERJ and CRJ orders got canceled? :confused: How is PSA, Pdmt, and MDA gonna be able to pick up CHQ and Mesa's routes without more planes? In my opinion, Airways is gonna have to find a regional carrier brave enough to fly for them. Any carrier willing to take on the risk would have to have a major back-up plan considering the poor revenue state of the industry, high fuel prices, and constant negative news reported about Airways.

Last edited:
It all depends on the size of the company if/when it emerges from bankruptcy. The lastest proposal from mainline to ALPA asks to furlough out of seniority because they want to park all the 737's. How much feed do you need if you park 113 of your 279 aircraft? what about the 75's?

PSA told me yesterday that they began another class this past Monday. Who knows what to believe right now.

PSA pilots, sucks to hear about your furlough.

Guess undercutting Allegheny-Piedmont, Chautauqua, and even Mesa to get some more jets didn't work out after all?

When you play with fire you get burned.

Very little sympathy.

CRJDog said:
I would say it would be in the best interest of mama USAirways to drop codeshare agreements with carriers such as Mesa, Chautauqua and so on and give the flying to the wholly owned carriers and have the deliveries keep on coming. It seems pointless to have pilots on the street at the W/O's and have code share agreements with other airlines. I certainly hope those 44 will return soon.
I would say that is not the smartest thing I have ever read on this board. How do you think you are going to get anymore aircract if nobody will finance them for you???? You may hate CHQ, Mesa, TSA, and the like, but I will bet Airways will be depending more on them for now. Why take the financial risk when the contract carriers will do it. You can't keep deliveries coming if you have no MONEY.

Will this impact Piedmont? A local "kid" just got hired there. I'd hate to see him get his "welcome to the airlines, son" so early in his career.

Good luck PSA guys. After living with Kuescher this long, you deserve better.TC

ifly4food said:
PSA pilots, sucks to hear about your furlough.

Guess undercutting Allegheny-Piedmont, Chautauqua, and even Mesa to get some more jets didn't work out after all?

When you play with fire you get burned.

Very little sympathy.
What the fcuk did the pilots have to do with that decision douche bag? Guys like you will never make it in this industry. Have fun getting kicked in the bag for your entire career. You deserve it.

Go back to the sandbox IFLY. Feel free to come back when you know what the hell your talking about. My guess, you never will.

Gee, Delta is so much better position right now. Go back to your RJDC threads.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back