• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Psa ta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Commitment of job offers is the lesser of 25% of positions offered in a calendar year or four positions for each month US Airways hires pilots."

Wowie, four whole positions per month!?

It comes down to this...There is a finite amount of money to be spent on payroll at the wholly-owned airlines vs. mainline. Doubtful that anyone from mainline would be voting to spread the "wealth" in the interest of leveling the playing field a bit.
On the other hand, pilots that made the decision to stay at PDT for 20+years face a very real possibility of paying a heavy price for thinking that working for a regional "was" a viable career.

Just interested....how big is PSA? This is another example of scare tactics just to lower the bar some more. Hopefully they are big enough and smart enough to tell management the same thing as Eagle has so far.
Got to stop somewhere.
Wages are supposed to keep track with cost of living, are they not? I've rarely seen cost of living go down on an annual basis, so why are we giving in and not telling management where to shove it?
Find the pilots elsewhere if you can!

Taking your costs of learning to fly and getting a Subway franchise instead would be a better deal these days. If this passes a vote it will end up just like Bendover Airlines, and you'll probably never be able to find a "yes-man" if you ask.

So, which one is going to take the pole position? Bendover, Blowjets, or Brown streak? I hope Surejet or ********************tytaco don't enter the fray next! It really seems to be a race to see who gets to the bottom first. Meanwhile the GLs over at mainline are laughing at us all the way to the credit union over on A concourse.

This is utterly disgraceful.

Hopefully you guys will stand firm if you can. Best of luck!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It comes down to this...There is a finite amount of money to be spent on payroll at the wholly-owned airlines vs. mainline. Doubtful that anyone from mainline would be voting to spread the "wealth" in the interest of leveling the playing field a bit.
On the other hand, pilots that made the decision to stay at PDT for 20+years face a very real possibility of paying a heavy price for thinking that working for a regional "was" a viable career.

I've flown with many of the 20 year Captains at PDT..... You make it sound like many of them wanted to stay. Mainline Airlines didn't hire everyone and in the early 90's many weren't hiring much at all. Stuck without getting a better job many fought hard to make PDT a better place. Early 90's even getting a 35% increase in pay and setting up many of the best workrules in the regional business.
Then all the sudden they have families and kids in college.... Don't make it sound like they all decided to make PDT there last stopping point. If anything they set the tone to make regionals better only to see it all fall apart again.

I don't think it's all about the race to the bottom,although competition between the regionals for flying is large part of it. I think managements are trying to lower or retain their labor costs before the so called pilot shortage begins. That's why you're seeing them trying to lock in 10 year labor agreements and such. F@&# 'em, pay me!

I'm curious if you're at PSA and get hired at mainline and they decide to KEEP you at PSA for 8-10 months because of staffing what is your hired date going to be?? Because in that amount of time you could see 100 pilots placed above you.

Stall them. Unions should not even present low-ball ta's. Tell management to go away and come back when there's something worth negotiating about. In the meantime its seven blasts on the horn, and abandon ship if you can!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Latest resources

Back