PSA Rumor Or Fact?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1500 / 800

Haven't read much in the news recently about "the 1500 hour requirement" many keep referring to. Here's a blurb from March, 2010:

3-From The Buffalo News, City & Region, Sunday March 13, 2010, “Under the Schumer compromise, the FAA will have to set an 800-hour flight requirement for copilots by the end of next year. Some of that experience would have to be in multiple-pilot environments and adverse weather including icing, as well as in other specific conditions. If the FAA fails to develop and implement those rules by the end of next year, new co-pilots automatically would be required to have 1,500 hours of experience in specific, rigorous conditions.”

Here is a good one. I heard that at JFK few hrs ago.

Mesa is buying PSA and Piedmont as soon as they come out of BK for 45 million and 5 year extension on their 900s.

Yep, and Mesa will order 100 Q400's and ask us to fly them at our 100's rates. :)

I hope that PSA get's the CRJ-900s so that there may be better service. Mesa service is pretty bad. Actually, it's hard to have good service when there's no crew to man the airplane.

More BS. What are you talking about? Mesa has a nearly 100% competion factor on the 900's and it's A-14 is in the 90% range.

Yes, Mesa has its challenges but please don't come on here and just make up stories. Mesa has plenty of crews on the 900's and its been months since we took a crew cancel.

Please get you facts right.

More BS. What are you talking about? Mesa has a nearly 100% competion factor on the 900's and it's A-14 is in the 90% range.

Yes, Mesa has its challenges but please don't come on here and just make up stories. Mesa has plenty of crews on the 900's and its been months since we took a crew cancel.

Aww.. Aren't you just adorable when you get angry and start talking airplanes and stuff...

Mesa has a nearly 100% competion factor on the 900's and it's A-14 is in the 90% range.

You have a nearly "100% completion factor" b/c if you don't complete you don't get paid. I've seen/heard Mesa crews go into places and in conditions I wouldn't send my dog.

Gojet F.As are voted the best since they come from mainline experience.
What?!?!?! In what poll? 90% of us are "mainline experienced" in this day and age...Guess we furloughs from elsewhere didn't get the memo to advance our careers at GoJet! Damn...I simply MUST start reading all my email.

"Hi, I am a very rich and important man in St Louis. I need you to clear some money for me. Please send me your bank account information and I will cut you in on 10% of it...oh, also, please sacrifice your dignity, professional advancement and all hope of personal pride."

Fact; Airways has issued an RFP for 25 CRJ900's, to replace MESA's 900's sometime in 2012.

Fact; MESA was not invited to the bidding process. I do know that AWAC, PDT and PSA were.

This is straight from our DO. Not rumor. Fact.

Sorry to burst your bubble, rene. But MESA does, in fact, suck. But thanks for playing anyway. NOT!:rolleyes:

Peace.

Rekks

EDIT: I know MESA has 38 airframes. Why only a bid for 25, you may ask? Answer-to bring the 'large/small jet' fleet numbers into alignment with the Airways' pilot's scope.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back