PSA Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CRJMonkey

Looking for any info on the hiring at PSA. Are there any plans to start up again? How many guys are in the pool? I'm interested in a CLT base and wondered how hard that would be to get out of training? What's the latest on reserve in CLT? Ok, one last thing I'd like to hear about. How true is it that PSA gets rid of alot guys during the first year of probation? Is that just a rumor? I'm sure I'll think of more questions,but that's all for now. TIA

Don't know on the plans to start up again and such... And CLT well it goes up and down, I guess....too lazy to look how many are still waiting to go there, but think most have gotten in, in a couple of months.
The first year comment, think most of those left on their own accord, nothing I know of which the company has done....

CRJMonkey said:
Looking for any info on the hiring at PSA. Are there any plans to start up again? How many guys are in the pool? I'm interested in a CLT base and wondered how hard that would be to get out of training? What's the latest on reserve in CLT? Ok, one last thing I'd like to hear about. How true is it that PSA gets rid of alot guys during the first year of probation? Is that just a rumor? I'm sure I'll think of more questions,but that's all for now. TIA

I don't know on future plans but everything is at a standstill. Till when? I do not know but as far as CLT goes it is a toss up. Some have gotten CLT right away and some have had to wait a couple months. If you get CLT plan on being on reserve for 1+ years, NOT fun. I have only heard of 2 folks that did not make probation. One was a tool and the other could not fly. Maybe there was a few more but just a few.

I'm almost through my first year (well, about 3/4ths) and haven't seen anybody forced out once they got through their line check. A few have left on their own for various reasons. As far as CLT... Pretty much everyone who wants to go is already there. There are few left that have it down as their number one choice and are still waiting. However, the last new hire class were all awarded CLT right out of school ahead of the senior people waiting to go. Dunno what the outcome of that is. Reserve in CLT could be close to a year. Who knows really as things change and change again here pretty fast.

Dude, why do you want to work for PSA? We fly 70 seat jets for less money than other regionals fly E145s. Schedules are awful, no time off, ever. Scheduling department is ridiculously bad. There is no movement and the future upgrades are still going to be given to J4Js.

CRJMonkey said:

I'm not sure how deep the pool is, but we're not hiring right now. There's a good chance you might get CLT out of training. I had to go sit in Dayton for 5 months and Knoxville for 1 while the new hires came to CLT before me. Dayton sucks really bad. Maybe now that it's warmer it might be better, but there's not much to do there. Knoxvegas wasn't nearly as bad. The way things are currently going, you're looking at a minimum of 1 year on reserve. That's being very optimistic. I would say Charlotte is around 18 months, Dayton 14, and Knoxville 12 or so on reserve. We used to get rid of people during 700 differences, but I spoke with a check airman and he said those people simply couldn't fly and weren't prepared (didn't know limitations, systems, etc...)

If you're looking to live in Charlotte (at least for the time being) I would say go for it. If you're looking for movement and a quick upgrade keep looking.

By the time that rolls around I think the choices will be between the EMB 200 or the Airbus 360

Latest resources

Back