PSA Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CRJMonkey said:
Thanks to everyone who gave some honest responses. Wasn't aware that PSA was that bad. If that was really a PSA Chief Pilot it would have been nice to hear what he had to say...
Oh'Well guess I'll hold off on sending in my application. Thanks again!

I'm not sure exactly what I was supposed to say, Guess you made your mind up anyway.
Good Luck,
PSACPSP

new hire class

SP,
You were right on with your prediction of the last new hire class of begining of Jan. Any feel for the next new hire class?

CRJMonkey said:
Thanks to everyone who gave some honest responses. Wasn't aware that PSA was that bad. If that was really a PSA Chief Pilot it would have been nice to hear what he had to say...
Oh'Well guess I'll hold off on sending in my application. Thanks again!

It was the CP, why don't you ask him?

Weasil said:
Dude, why do you want to work for PSA? We fly 70 seat jets for less money than other regionals fly E145s. Schedules are awful, no time off, ever. Scheduling department is ridiculously bad. There is no movement and the future upgrades are still going to be given to J4Js.

Then why are you still working there? You must be comfortable with your pay.

Actually I have several job interviews lined up. I support a family, so I don't have the luxury of just quitting before something else comes along. And no I didn't vote yes on the payrate, neither did most of the pilots here, the whole agreement was ratified by our MEC after we voted it down. That MEC is now gone thank goodness.

So in answer to your question, no I am not comfortable with the pay.

Weasil said:
Actually I have several job interviews lined up. I support a family, so I don't have the luxury of just quitting before something else comes along. And no I didn't vote yes on the payrate, neither did most of the pilots here, the whole agreement was ratified by our MEC after we voted it down. That MEC is now gone thank goodness.

So...did you like the Bahamian beer??

jetfo said:
It was the CP, why don't you ask him?

JETFO...I would think the PSAChiefPilot read my original post and all
the responses to it. If he thought they where unfair would he not have defended PSA! Since he didn't I assume they where all pretty honest ,so what could he add. :( Hopefully things will get better! I decided to put in an application to AWAC. Heard they have started interviewing for May classes.

Weasil said:

My heart goes out to you and your family, but there comes a time in life when we have to stand up and say enough is enough. If we as a pilot reguardless of which company you work for, are'nt going to stand for something then we will fall for anything. That is what put us and the mainline guys in the situation in which we are right now.

CRJMonkey said:
JETFO...I would think the PSAChiefPilot read my original post and all
the responses to it. If he thought they where unfair would he not have defended PSA! Since he didn't I assume they where all pretty honest ,so what could he add. :( Hopefully things will get better! I decided to put in an application to AWAC. Heard they have started interviewing for May classes.

I am who it says I am, I do not respond on the boards for everything negative said about PSA, You know what they say, Opinions are like ??? Everyone's got one.

I was hired here young like some of the current guys and my situation has been much different then their's. For one, when I got here, I knew it would be 4 plus years for upgrade, and it was, although there were people who upgraded the same time I did who had only been here 8 months, Just the way the cycle worked out, and I bypassed for 6 months because I commuted. Sat 6 days of reserve as a Captain at the time, There are guys now who have sat 3 plus years of reserve, Until you've done it, Reserve sucks (I did it as an FO and we furloughed then as well where I was 5 from the bottom.) The Jets 4 Jobs situation has changed things even more so we have a group of Junior Capts/Senior FO's who are somewhat pissed off period. I know most of the guys who post here as they know me, I would not try to sway there opinion because this is the way they feel, I am not in there shoes, I'd probably be upset as well, no matter who made the decesion for them, we are all living with it. I guarentee you that most of the Jets for Jobs guys will tell you it's no easy street either. Weird time in the business, just a new low in the cyclic phases.

Good Luck,
PSACPSP

Latest resources

Back