PSA - Possible Safety Alert?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm sorry, I just can't get over this.

Are you a PSA crewmember? Doesn't sound like you are based on your original question.

SO.... you are telling crewmembers at a different airline.... with different procedures... how to run the show.... via a public forum.

You won't last in the airlines very long. Enjoy the stay....TOOL.

not only is that an allowed operation... our FOM requires that the door is closed while the a/c remains powered and unattended. Bombardier have the cost analysis for such an operation and it is cheaper to leave the apu running for I believe 40 minutes then to shut it down and start it up again.

PSA - Possible Safety Alert?

Stick Man said:
Are PSA crews allowed to leave a jet unattended (on a ramp) with the door shut and APU on for 45 mins?
If they are - um . . ok.
If they aren't, the crew of N246PS (Mon at DCA) needs to get their heads out of their asses. What a freaking prescription for danger.
You start a thread with the title of "PSA - Possible Safety Alert?" and have done zero research into what the hell you are talking about.

This qualifies you as:
1) Monday morning quarterback
2) Vigilanti
3) Idiot

At PSA; it is approved to keep the APU running for long periods of time. This includes being on a jetway. Just as Ted noted above: there is numerous auto shutdown/protection features, a horn, and a titanium enclosure.

FYI: approved means that our POH approves it, which is approved by the FAA. So, go put your QB helmet on, get on your vigilanti horse, and tell the FAA and Bombardier how you feel.

So . . . .

Then they are allowed. The bottom line is that it is still a safety issue. GOM notwithstanding. Good judgement alone can override an allowable procedure. (Note that I put "can" in italics.) Especially when a $14.00/hr fueler is out on the side of an a/c. Especially when the a/c is at DCA (for a million safety reasons).

That was the reason for the initial post. (like I need to explain myself to a bunch of quick shooting, over verbose tards)

"If they are, um . . . ok."

By the way, freedom of speech does apply to internet post boards (minus owner or moderator rules or regs). I can mention N246PS all I want.

stick man,,

you want something to do? grab my stick and tug on it for a while and be sure to wear your "safety" goggles because you are gonna get wet.

you are a fukcing tool

I think the fueler wants it on so he can single point rather than have to overwing it... at least that is how it was on the EMB120... even the old birdzilla had all 10 (I think thats the right number) auto shutdowns while on the ground (and unattended.)

well . . .

edited

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back