• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA Jan Class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I interviewed just under 2 months ago and got the call for a class date about a month ago, original date Dec 5th. It's already been confirmed by HR that my class date is pushed back (as was the Nov 14th class). So, if you were given a Dec class date, now it's verified. Still up in the air from HR for a new class date however, and others that were hired with me have not heard anything either.

I was supposed to be in the Nov 14th class. Received a call saying that is was pushed to DEC. and havent heard a thing since.

Get used to it guys, sorry to tell you but none of us have a clue what is going on with this airline. Management dosent like its people to be able to plan their lives. Rumors flying around like crazy: being sold off, more planes, losing planes, etc, etc, etc. I really dont pay attention to it anymore you'll go nuts and they are almost never true. On the same token things can just as easily change. I was supposed to be furloughed a year ago and before it took effect I was recalled and flew my a$$ off. Hang in there.

mamba20 said:
Get used to it guys, sorry to tell you but none of us have a clue what is going on with this airline. Management dosent like its people to be able to plan their lives. Rumors flying around like crazy: being sold off, more planes, losing planes, etc, etc, etc. I really dont pay attention to it anymore you'll go nuts and they are almost never true. On the same token things can just as easily change. I was supposed to be furloughed a year ago and before it took effect I was recalled and flew my a$$ off. Hang in there.

What he said.

Hey SP,
What's the latest on Knox Vegas. Should we be concerned over the lack of backfills for the folks going over to CLT?
Thanks!

PSAChiefPilots said:
Rumor has it that their will be no new hires until the end of January or Early February. We offered Voluntary leaves for December and possibly going to do it for January...Lots of a/c scheduled for C checks during and afterward January so...Predicting needing new hires in class for late March arrival on line so if my math is correct..Early February!

Stay tuned here!

Good Luck,
PSACPSP

I received an e-mail from PSA about about 2 month ago to send an app in, I did then, and shortly after I have a friend working at PSA recommend me. But never heard back from PSA. Is that because you stoped hiring or because I am not competitive, how can I find out?

B777 said:
I received an e-mail from PSA about about 2 month ago to send an app in, I did then, and shortly after I have a friend working at PSA recommend me. But never heard back from PSA. Is that because you stoped hiring or because I am not competitive, how can I find out?

We have stopped hiring, each situation is different to getting called or not but have friend resubmit internal recommendation as soon as you hear we are hiring....Stay tuned here, it will be posted!

We have enough people as of right now to fill at least 2 classes and that's losing half the people we have in the pool by then, and we will lose at least half. I'm realistic!

Good Luck,
PSACPSP

I did get another LOR (letter of Rec.) last week and it's still on my desk awaiting hiring. If you are "Buddy" I got it!

So best guess on the next class is late January or early Feb. If you have enough poolies for two classes, any guess when the 2nd one would be?

flighttime said:
So best guess on the next class is late January or early Feb. If you have enough poolies for two classes, any guess when the 2nd one would be?

I think the best answer you are going to get is "some time after the first one". You know, that's probably going to be true. Wow, something you can count on at this company!

Latest resources

Back